Chapter 1 - Start of the Year

Just breathe. I say to myself as I walk into my new class, a few people looked up and a few didn't bother. 

I looked around and spot her, already socialising with the new students. I smile and just as if she had sensed my presence, she turned around and yelled, "Mi!!! You're here!!!" I mean, of course I am, but I can't say that so I just walk up to her as she runs to me and we hug for a whole minute. "Yes, Ness, I'm here!!!" I give her the energy back when I really am just so sleepy... And nervous from realising a boy looking at us from behind.

I look at Nessira and say, "We've got quite many new students this year hm?", "Yeah, I just met with a few and they seem nice!" she exclaims. Of course, that's what we always think until some of them really are bitches hiding their true faces. But I just smiled back at her enthusiasm instead of making things look problematic like I always do.

"Okay, he is still looking at us, let's just go talk to him," I say frustratedly and dump my bag beside Nessira's. "Wha-..." Ness tries to speak but I just pull her with me.

"Let's be bestfriends!" I don't know why I said that but I just continued, "I'm Miyah and this is-", "Nessira, but you can call me Ness!" Nessira cuts me off and I just smile looking at her. "I'm Damian, um... pleasure meeting you Miyah and Ness." I smiled awkwardly and pull Nessira back to our seats and we settle down.

"That was so weird." I mumble, "I don't know why the fuck I said that," Nessira laughs and smacks my arm, "Oh bestie, this how we make friends!" I grin and give her a side hug.

The whole day passed by and we had already started with the syllabus to study. If that's how this year starts, I really can't imagine what's ahead of us.