Chapter 17 - My 18th

I'm 18 now. I had to keep reminding myself because it felt too unreal. "18? Oh yeah, I'm 18. No way, 18." I think if anyone would have counted whenever I said '18', they probably would have given up a long time ago because I'm pretty sure I said it a thousand times.

I woke up early with gifts around me and my parents waking me up with a kiss on my forehead. Birthdays are the only days we get the extra attention from people who we don't even speak to much, or spend time with. My Instagram was flooded with notifications and voice messages. Some were from people I haven't even spoken to before.

Like always, Nessira had posted me on her story before anyone else, and Hester was the one who had messaged me on exactly 12 am. It made me laugh cause I know she waited for that one minute before clicking on 'send'.

I had a beautiful breakfast with my family, then I went and took a bath before Ness would pop up in my house.

We had decided that Nessira and I would meet up at the metro station by taking a bus there, then Gia would catch up with us in the metro from her stop.

I was just getting my hair done when the bell rang. She was here!!! I was so excited I left everything in my room and rushed to the door, swinging it open.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She yelled. I gave her a big hug and she handed me a bag full of gifts. "Why did you get so much stuff?!" I asked because the bag was quite heavy. "Shut up and open it." She dragged me inside as if it was her own house.

I opened it as my mother came and stood beside me waving at Ness, giving her a hug, then watching me open the gifts. "No way! You got me the heatless curling set! I love it!!!" I was so happy. "Chill, there's more, dig in." She said and smiled along. I opened a few more gifts until I finally reached to the one which she told me to open at the very end. "OOOOO! Finally." I sighed excitedly. I opened it and saw it. "Oh my god...This is beautiful...Ness you didn't have to...!" "Oh yes I had to." She replied. She really got me a silver necklace with my initial on it. It was breathtakingly beautiful, I knew I had to wear it, so I put it on with the clothes I was wearing and it matched terrifically.

My mother smiled and said, "Did you know that her other one broke last year?" Nessira replied, "It did? I thought she just didn't want to wear it anymore, but I saw this one and I felt like I had to get it for her, and it literally completes her outfit." "It does." I smile and give her another hug.

Okay I'm ready now let's get to the station! I excitedly pull Ness with me. I say goodbye to my mother, give her a big hug and skip to the bus stop with Ness. Soon, we reached to the station and Gia had joined us in the metro. We hugged eachother and she handed me a gift. "Oh! Thank you, Gia!" she said, "I hope you like it; you should open it when we get there, I really want to know if you'll like it." I reply, "I know I will, but sure, I can't say no to opening gifts!"

Once we reached there, we ordered pizza and sat down for lunch. "You should open it now!" Gia exclaimed. I happily picked up the gift and began unwrapping it. "Gia, did you just get me a purse from Aldo?! This is a lot; you didn't have to!!" she says, "It's nothing, but tell me, did you like the colour?!" I reply, "Like? I LOVED IT!!" I start posing with the bag until they break into laughter. It didn't take long until we finished having lunch and were roaming around in shops and blabbering about random things, just what we love to do every time we meet.

After a while, we hoped into the candylicious shop and roam around taking in the sweet smell of cotton candy and other chocolates, chewies and gummies, etc. We got to have a tester and they also sang happy birthday day for me when Nessira told the staff it was my birthday.

Then, I dragged them into The Cheesecake Factory where we ordered a strawberry cheesecake that I cut and we enjoyed the dessert.

It was so sad that all the fun was going to come to an end. We took multiple photos and rushed around a few more shops before Gia had to leave.

(Strict parent problems; I feel bad for her every time I ask her to join me in any event, she has a very strict schedule that she has to follow and yet, handles time management really smoothly.)

Ness and I roamed around without Gia for a while. We tried twining by putting on clothes where I wore a dark patterned short puffy dress while she wore a long dress in the same pattern.

We didn't realise how time just passed by and I got a call from my mother. She told me that it was too late and that I should come home to spend some time with my family as well afterall it is my birthday. I felt bad and told Nessira to hurry up and we quickly rushed back to the metro station.

In about half an hour, we were back at my place and I cut another cake with my family. It was amazing. I loved all of it so much, I was glad I enjoyed my day.

That day, I made my very first post on Instagram.

It really did feel like, 'My Special Day' and what else could I ask for?