Chapter 21 - The Smallest of Things

Everyday, during the mocks, the weekends, Damian would make sure we had a good conversation between us. Sometimes, I felt like I wasn't doing enough to keep the chat going, and so I would take the initiative to message him right after school, once I returned home.

He would mention the smallest of things that happened between us that made me feel so much, which just can't be described in words.

Every message he would send to me would make me feel so special, I didn't know if he was doing it on purpose or it was just how he wanted me to know how he felt for me.

And I liked it.

"Sometimes I look at you and I want to hug you tight." He messaged me this out of nowhere. It made me smile so hard my cheeks started to hurt. My sister saw me smiling so hard at my phone she said, "stop smiling so hard, your teeth will fall off."

Typical sibling behaviour, and as usual, I didn't stop tickling her until she started kicking me too hard.

Sometimes, I would begin our conversation with random questions like, 'what do you hate that people do but you can say to them?', 'if you were an animal, which one would you be?', and sometimes I would ask him questions related to me, 'what do you like about me the most?', 'what do you find interesting about me?'.

Once, I asked him, 'what do you hate the most about me?'. '

He replied, "I hate how you look stunning in every dress you wear."

I was surprised. It took me a great amount of time to gather myself because I was too stunned to reply to his message.

The things he was doing to me by the smallest of comments was scary. I couldn't imagine what other things with him would be like, if things were like this by him just messaging me.

His reply dragged our conversation to the day of prom, when I wore the silver dress.

"I think you looked breathtaking in your prom dress you know." He said.

I was all red, because no one complemented me about my dress that day other than Ness and Gia, so it felt really flattering when it came from him. I didn't know how to reply, but I did. I said, "Thank you, but I looked like a disco ball that day." I don't know why I said that, I was going to delete my message when he replied to it before I could do so, "you looked unique, your dress defined you, and I think I really liked the way it looked on you." I could see my reflection on my phone, I was beaming.

I have no idea how I'm going to keep up with things if he keeps saying stuff like this.

During the time, we had finalised the day we would be going to get boba, everything was set, normal and calm, until 2 days before the plan, Nessira messaged me.

Then, my life just flipped over. In a second, I was stuck in a hole that I didn't even dig.