Chapter 14 - The Talk

It was a month after prom when I started to feel that Zaine doesn't care anymore.

I would often go up to him and try starting a conversation but it would be cut short by him beginning another conversation with someone else in between.

I didn't understand what was going on and I didn't like it at all. I needed to know what was happening.

I didn't get to talk to Nessira because the winter holidays came by and so, it was only until after them, that I was able to speak to her about how I felt about the situation between me and Zaine.

I explained everything to her, about how I told him I didn't want a relationship last year, till whatever had happened until now, and how he would try ignoring me and not talk to me since quite a long time.

Nessy paused for a bit and it made me question what was taking her so long to reply to me. Afterall, she is my 'therapist'-like friend who helps and gives me advice for free.

"Okay, Miyah I'm gonna try and explain this to you and I need you to understand everything I am saying." She spoke after a while.

"I'm listening..." I quietly say to her.

She continued to speak, "Okay, before everything else I say, I want you to know that I could also notice the distance between you and Zaine, and I didn't understand too, why he wasn't speaking to you because at that time, he was messaging me just fine. We literally talked so normally during text, I just didn't know why he stopped speaking to you all of a sudden."

I nod, listening carefully.

She began talking again, "So, I texted him about it during the winter holidays. I asked him why he just got so distant all of a sudden, and so did Damian. Damian got distant with us too, and I still have no idea about that because usually he leaves me on read, doesn't reply to my messages, or doesn't bother opening my chat."

I spoke right after she stopped speaking, "That's weird, because he hasn't texted me too, and the fact that he always replied to each and every message of mine, and all of a sudden it just got so quiet between us."

Nessira agreed with me, "I always thought Damian was closer to you, he never really spoke to me unless it was a joke or a silly comment he had to make on something I would say."

She continued, "But anyways, when I asked Zaine why he got distant, he said, 'no, we are fine, I just think that Miyah is immature and childish, so I don't really think I want to speak with her in that way' so yeah."

I teared up a little, and nodded as she spoke, "apparently he thinks you are immature and childish, which I don't know why really because you are the exact same person he liked last year, so I don't know what's up now."

She gives me a side hug and I ask her, "when did he tell you all this?"

She replies, "Actually, he told me this around after prom, but I felt like I didn't want to tell you about it until you were sure to speak about it, which is why I told you now."

I sighed heavily. If a person really likes you, they wouldn't think you are immature and won't care about the baby things you do, it should be the things they love about you, not hate.

Ness gave me another warm hug and I broke into tears, "what was he in for, just the relationship? He didn't like me, at this point, I feel like I was just his tester."

She pats my back as I speak, "He calls me immature, when him ignoring me and not speaking to me is the most childish thing someone can do."

Nessira turns my head towards her, "You know, you are the best person I have ever met and to know that someone thinks that way hurts me because it means that they haven't met the best parts of you. Don't let someone get you down, when you are at the very top. They don't deserve you and they don't need your attention."

I smile and hug her. I'm so glad to have her, I don't know what I did to deserve her, and I love her.

"Ness, have I ever told you how much I love you?" She replies, "Yes, you have, and I know."

We both smile and I give her the biggest hug possible. "It might take me time to get over it all, but after knowing this, I know I will."

She squeezes me, "oh, you better."