Chapter 6 - My 17th

3 weeks before my birthday, I had strictly informed Ness, Damian, Zaine and Gia, another friend I got really close to during classes when we had to work in larger groups, to keep this day blocked, so they really didn't have a choice of not coming.

Now, the day was here!

At first, we all had decided to meet up at my place during the evening, so that we could spend some time at my house, then leave for dinner, so we could all go together to the fancy restaurant in which I got a booking done for us.

Before I could even get ready, I heard my doorbell ring. I quickly rushed to it and opened the door, to find Damian standing in the front, smiling and swaying side to side as if he was tired of standing. I looked surprised, "Damian?! You're early...very early! I'm not even ready yet!" He smiled, "my bad, I guess I left a little early but didn't realise how close your house is to mine, so I reached a little earlier." I laughed and called him inside, "have a seat, I just need to top up my hair and makeup, I'll be right with you."

Before I could leave, he stopped me and handed me a tiny box and said, "open it, let me know how it is." I smiled and opened it right in front of him as he took a seat on the couch. It was a pair of earrings, small, flower shaped earrings, twinkling. "Oh my, they are so cute... thank you Damian." He smiled and said, "aight, so when will Nessira and all be here?" I replied while walking towards my room, "They'll be here on time you know, you're early, you gotta wait!"

As I got ready, I didn't realise Nessira and Zaine arrive. So, when I came out, I saw both of them sitting and chatting with Damian, I immediately spoke in surprise, "what?! When did you guys reach?" Ness said, "Just a while ago, your mom let us in, Zaine came after me though, I was second!" I smiled and gave her a big hug.

They both handed me the gifts and told me to open them until Gia would arrive, so I did. I opened Ness's gift first and squealed when I saw what she got me, a beautiful necklace, my favourite lip tint and a perfume. "This is so sweet Nessy, thank you so much!!! I love you!" She giggled and replied, "I know girl, I know."

I then opened Zaine's gift, I looked completely amazed. "Zaine, how did you know?-" "You mentioned it once when we were talking in class, so I kinda remembered it," he replied. Oh my gosh! He just got me the 2 books I really wanted from about 2 months now! "Thank you so much Zaine, this means a lot." He smiled and softly said, "anytime."

Soon, Gia arrived and we all spent time laughing while watching my childhood videos, some of the embarrassing ones and some adorable ones too.

Then, we cut a small cake with my parents and they all sang for me, it made me so happy, I felt so special.

We all then headed to the restaurant and sat at our table. We talked as we ordered starters, which got over so quickly that we were on our main course in no time.

When it came to dessert, we ordered 3 sizzling brownies (if you haven't tried that yet, oh my, let's go together, my treat). I don't know how we planned it, but it ended up with Gia and Nessira sharing one, me and Zaine sharing the other and Damian got one all for himself.

Every time we would take a bit of the brownie on our spoons, we would look at eachother and smile, then have the bite, then again, and again, till it was over. I don't really know how to describe it, but I am pretty sure Damian, Gia and Ness could see it through us because while going back, Ness was looking at me all weird and I tried to ignore it because I knew what she was trying to make obvious.

It all ended so soon, I felt sad that it was going to be over. I thanked all of them for coming and gave them small return gifts before they left.

It was a beautiful day, but I wished it lasted longer.