Chapter 7 - School Trip

A lot of time passed by after my birthday and then came this day.

We had a trip to a themepark from school, and we just couldn't wait for it. Me, Damian, Gia and Zaine had already paid for the trip, but Nessira had to go to her country because her grandmother was severely ill.

So, we prepared for it and soon, it was here! We all were seated in the bus with our bags that were filled with munchables we could enjoy during the trip. I sat with Gia, while Zaine sat with Damian, on the seat right behind us.

Zaine brought a speaker with him so we listened to music the whole trip until we reached there.

We were allowed to roam around wherever we'd want to so we stayed together the whole trip.

Whenever I would go to the rollercoaster rides, I would prefer sitting beside either Gia or Damian because I would feel a little shy to sit beside Zaine.

Everytime we would stand together in a line, I would quickly change places because I felt really nervous being so close to him. I wish I didn't do that because he didn't like it. I saw Zaine's mood change a little.

I knew that was wrong, so when we settled down to have some food and snacks, I sat beside him. I talked to him casually and said how 'I didn't realise I wasn't sitting with him' in any of the rides. I knew I was lying, but if he looked satisfied, so was I.

Gia bought home-made pasta for all of us and oh my, it was so delicious, we finished all of it. Gia's mother is an amazing cook, and after that, we would often tell Gia to ask her mother to cook for us as well, like that, almost once in two weeks, we would get to have something that gave us a change in palette.

Once we were done eating, we decided to do some light rides that wouldn't make us puke, and to make Zaine feel better, I sat with him in a few rides, even when it made me quite nervous.

We took a thousand of pictures that day, with all the large sculptures and laughed about the funny ones. All the memories we made that day were beautiful, I loved every single one of them.

When we were asked to gather back at the main area, we felt really down because we wanted to spend more time as we weren't able to cover up a few rides.

Still, when we sat back in the bus, we enjoyed a lot and by the end of it all, we were so tired, all I could think about was my bed and how it was calling for me.

Overall, it was amazing and we had a blast.

When we came back to school the next week, Nessira was there, before I could spill about all the fun we had, I asked about her grandmother, and she said that she passed away the day she reached.

I felt awful for her, because she stayed so strong and decided to come to school even after loosing someone who she was so close to.

That day, we all sat in silence, and didn't talk about anything further.