Chapter 2 - Meeting Him

3 days passed by since the first day.

It was a free class and there wasn't really much going on, students were babbling about what they did before the year started and some were busy with their own thing.

I was busy making a conversation with Ness about how boring it was without her during the vacation time and still bragging about how I travelled to Mauritius and enjoyed the weather, the beach and everything.

It was really noisy when all of a sudden, a student entered the classroom and made a small talk with the teacher sitting in our class on the phone not caring about anything but whoever he was texting. The student turned towards us and loudly said, "Hey Guys!" Everyone looked up and there was a moment of silence which was broken after a minute or two by the mumbling of the students.

He continued, "My name is Zaine, with an 'i'-" (probably made it clear because many people spell it as 'Zane' but oh well), "-an 'i' for 'incredible' just like me."

I take a quick glimpse and Nessira and she is already looking at me. We both lip-sync, "he's cute," and slightly giggle because we thought the same thing.

Zaine then said, "I really hope to be your friend and can't wait to get to know you all!" Then he took a seat in the front row.

It had been only a few minutes and he was surrounded by girls making conversation with him. Ness and I were looking at him and talking about him too. I guess it was how confident he was when he spoke that made him so attractive, because I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to speak up so loud in front of a bunch of students who I don't know.

He caught me staring at him and he smiled warmly. My stomach swirled with nervousness and I immediately looked away. Oh no, I didn't want this feeling, I don't like this feeling.

Nessira patted me and said something that made me look at her, "You like him hm?" I sputter, out of words, "W-what...No, I haven't even spoken to him yet." "Good then," She says and I look at her confused as she continues, "Yeah he's cute, I like him too." I roll my eyes and laugh giving her a small push when I feel someone walking towards us. I turn towards them and see Zaine.

"I didn't know we are allowed to wear necklaces to school..." I looked surprised and confused, "huh?" He points at my necklace, "Cute necklace you got there," I look down at my necklace, that was so basic and just had my initial on it, an 'M'.

I could feel my cheeks flush red. "Thank you, Zaine" I smiled but forgot to introduce myself.

Ness spoke, "Hey, I'm Nessira, Ness for short and this is Miyah." "For short?" he replies, as Ness says, "Mi for short but only I call her that."

"Well, it was nice to meet you both," he smiled and walked away to the back. I looked at Nessira, "bro..." Ness spoke, "Why was he looking there?" We both burst into laughter and everyone started staring at us. We quiet down and looked around to spot Zaine and Damian talking. "Looks like he found his best friend," I say and Ness said, "They just met girl, hold your horses." I smile at her and say "Okay, I like him," and she just says, "I know, you can have him." I laugh and squeeze her arm, "This is why we are friends."