Chapter 13 - Prom!

It was here! I was so ready! Just a few days ago, I went shopping with Ness and got an idea of the dresses I liked, and which ones I didn't prefer, then a few days later, I went back with my mother and got a beautiful dress, that defined my body and my personality!

It was a short, body fitting, sleeveless, silver coloured dress. I looked like a fucking disco ball and I absolutely loved it.

The day we had to go, Nessira dropped by to my house and we decided to dress up for prom together.

That day, we painted our nails, had lunch together, shit-talked about some bitches in our class, thought about what everyone else would pull up in, made some unrealistic jokes, and did some endless talking.

She had bought a dark jade gown, and let me tell you, she looked fabulous. She topped it off with some jewellery, golden heels and a sparkling spray so she dazzles when she dances.

I wore my silver dress, with my black heeled boots, some earrings, rings and I even curled my hair a little, so it came out in waves, settled calmly.

I did some light make up so that my face wouldn't end up cakey, and Nessira went about her whole make up routine, and used some products that I didn't even know the name of, until then.

My mother dropped us at the location prom was held at, and in no time, we were at the area where there was a crowd of people from our school.

The DJ had begun playing some catchy songs and there was a photobooth, in which we could take as many photos we wanted.

When we looked around, we found Gia, waving at us. We rushed to her and it didn't take much time for Gia to throw compliments at me and how my ass looked great in my dress. I slapped her arm and told her how mouth-watering she looked too, and we all laughed.

After a while, I looked around, taking my focus off of Nessy and Gia and saw Damian hanging out with some boys from the other class. It was Dave and Lucius. Those guys would often come to our class to meet with Damian, I guess they were good friends.

I told Ness and Gia that we should just say 'hi' and come back, so it doesn't look weird.

So, we did that. We greeted them and spoke for a while until the lights dulled and loud songs began to play.

The party had started, people were dancing and so, Gia, Nessira and I also joined the crowd.

I also realised how I was the only one wearing a short dress and all the girls had turned up wearing awesome gowns and puffy dresses, but for the first time, I felt confident about how I looked because I liked how I looked. It was a really good feeling.

It didn't take much time for the food to set up, and an announcement was made that people could now take dinner, then the party would continue.

Me, Nessira and Gia, went and got the food together and sat on our claimed table.

While eating, Damian, Dave and Lucius joined us too.

Damian sat beside me and the while eating, the prom king and queen were announced.

I wasn't expecting it to be me anyways because I realised some of our school couples were nominated for it, and since I didn't really have my partner, Zaine, it couldn't be me. The people got awarded for multiple things, it was difficult to keep track of all of it when eating food that tastes heavenly.

After dessert, the dancing had started again, and it didn't take long for us all to join in again.

A little while later, the couples were asked to dance on a romantic slow song, so we got back to our places and sat down, watching them dance.

It was kind of sweet, it made me wish I could dance with Zaine that way, and I remembered what my mother said.

She said, "I know there will be a lot of people who will be dancing in pairs and everything, so if Zaine or Damian ask to dance with you, don't say no, they are your friends after all. It won't be weird." I laughed it off that time and just said, "Okay Ma, but Zaine isn't coming." She shrugged it and said, "Okay, so if Damian asks, just dance with him hm?" I smiled and looked at Ness, already holding in her laugh.

I looked at Damian sitting across the table, and thought I might ask him, if he wouldn't mind, but before I could, a guy from another class came up to me and asked me if I would like to dance with him. I didn't even talk to him that much and I felt a little uncomfortable so I kindly declined but he kept begging me. Damian looked at him and said, "she said no, so don't force man, there are other girls here too, go ask them." I smiled, "Thanks Damian." He smiled and just nodded sitting back.

After a song, they played another soft song and we saw some girls dancing with their friends so Ness, Gia and I took this as an opportunity to dance and we all swayed together to the song as if we were couples. It was really fun, and I loved every single bit of it.

Unfortunately, Gia had to leave a bit early.

So, Nessy and I continued to enjoy on our own. The company we give eachother is pretty fulfilling, so we didn't feel so empty without Gia.

Time just rushed by and prom was already over.

The owner was forcing us out at this point, so before leaving, I brought along a silver balloon because it matched my dress and I liked it a lot.

I took multiple pictures of Nessy and she took some of mine. Since I'm very picky with photos I deleted some and told her to take some again.

Let me tell you, in our relationship, I am the one who takes better pictures by the way. I think I need to teach her so she won't disappoint others.

Nessira's father dropped me home again, because my house comes along the way of hers, it isn't much of a problem for them, and I'm very grateful for that.

The whole day just went by and I loved every moment I created with my friends, and I know it wouldn't have been the same if my friends would not be there.