Chapter 10 - A New Beginning

First day of the last year of school, sounded funny, and i was glad that after studying for so long, school was going to be over, but I knew deep inside I didn't want it to end.

I entered the class and saw Damian, I smiled brightly and waved at him, he nodded his head and smiled back.

I looked around but couldn't find Nessira, so I quietly chose an empty seat and sat down, sliding my bag down beside me. I looked around to see the same familiar faces as last year, this time, there wasn't anyone new in our class. It felt quiet and relaxing.

I turned around and made a small conversation with Damian, it felt awkward because we were talking to eachother after so long yet, it didn't take time for us to get comfortable with eachother and started speaking just like we used to. It felt normal again.

Then I heard a familiar voice behind me, I turned back to the front and saw Nessira, already greeting everyone around her. I quickly jumped off my seat and swiftly moved towards her, like it was some kind of involuntary response to me missing her. I hugged her so tightly and whispered to her, "Nessy, I missed you so much!" She laughed and said, "Aw, I missed you too monkey!" I laughed and took a deep look at her. "YOU GOT GLASSES?!"

She smiled and said, "Now I can match with you!" I laughed, "Okay, but it actually looks good on you." She smiled and gave me another hug. I guided her to the seat beside me and helped her settle. She waved at Damian and soon we were talking about whatever we did.

Classes were about to start and just before then, Zaine came in. We all smiled looking at him and Nessira exchanged several glances with me while we made conversation with him. We got along greatly until the teacher that taught us last year came in and told us that she was going to give us some different places this year so we can 'bond' with other classmates.

I sighed heavily but really hoped that our seats wouldn't be so far.

Luckily, Ness, me and Gia got placed on one table while Damian and Zaine got placed on the one beside us. Everything was great until a few girls at the back of the class asked the teacher if they could sit in our place because it was difficult for them to see the board.

The teacher then told me, Nessira and Gia to sit at the very back of the class, the furthest place from Damian and Zaine.

What a luck.

But I wasn't worried, because why would that affect the way we would spend time with eachother, right?

We would still talk, just not as much as before.

That's fine, we could work with that.