Chapter 15 - Realisation

I would now focus on spending time and giving my full attention to Ness and Gia, as well as studies. My mock exams would be coming up soon, so I started preparing for them beforehand.

During every break time, Ness, Gia and I would split our food and make sure each and everyone gets bits of eachother's food, so we had a variety of things to eat, and it was my favourite thing to do because we would have so much fun yapping about random things and eating together. I would sometimes find myself looking at Zaine, but I would feel sad again, so I would remind myself that it was of no use.

I didn't want to waste time and so, I would bring back my attention to myself and didn't bother. After a while, I got quite comfortable and felt like it was better that way.

I felt like it was a really good decision to not keep going behind Zaine, I felt more independent and bolder, like I was capable of doing things myself. But I don't know why, I still couldn't think of asking Damian why he stopped speaking, but I didn't pay much attention to it, and thought that if he wanted to speak to me, I would reply, otherwise, I would leave it.

Whenever Zaine or Damian would ask a question or need something, I would just give them a reply because I knew ignoring them would definitely be 'immature', and trying to not care would be even more childish.

I wanted Zaine to realise that whatever he said didn't affect me. Whatever he said was wrong, and that he couldn't get to know me better was something he would regret. He probably would, but it didn't matter anymore because I was happy with Gia and Ness.

After a few weeks, I started to notice that Zaine likes someone else from his new group of friends. As a friend of his, (that is what I considered him as, even if he didn't think of me as a friend) I messaged him that day.

***

Chat:

Miyah: Hey Zaine, how are you?

Zaine: Hey, I'm good.

Miyah: So, can I ask you a random question?

Zaine: Go ahead

Miyah: You like Heather, don't you?

Zaine: Lol maybe

Zaine: Idk

Zaine: Idts

Miyah: I'm your friend Zaine, u can't hide that

Miyah: I know you

Miyah: She's amazing and I've seen you look at her!

Zaine: Lmao ur saying anything at this point

Miyah: You can tell me if I'm wrong, am I?

Zaine: Alright, yeah, I like her, maybe a bit.

Miyah: See!

Miyah: Heheh

Zaine: Idk

Miyah: Whatever it is, whenever you need help, I'll be there yeah, let me know if u need anything.

Miyah: Just remember to keep indulged, don't forget to keep talking.

Zaine: Yeah yeah.

***

I smiled. I don't know why, but I was happy for him, as a friend, I think my reply was good.

I knew he liked her, it was so obvious, before, I would be the one who he would talk to that way, of course I'd understand if he would do that with someone else.

I was glad that I could be there for him as a friend, but I knew that the small conversation between us wouldn't change anything, and I was correct, because even after that, not once he thought of speaking to me properly. Maybe it is going to be that way from now on, and I am okay with it.

It is his loss that he couldn't realise how hard I fell for him, and how easy it was for him to break every part of it. He could have spoken to me, we could have sorted things out, and it wouldn't have ended up with me being so uneasy with him. I would have understood if he would have told me that he liked someone else, but him calling me names behind my back, that to with my bestfriend, is the most immature thing I might have seen, but oh well.

Whatever it is, I hope one day, maybe one day, he will realise that I did everything to keep our friendship alive, but just because he couldn't keep up with the initiative to do the same, it is all gone. And, let me tell you, he is going to miss it, because what we had between the five of us was just too good to be true.

Everyone knew it.