Chapter 4 - Love is in the Air

It was terrifying how weeks just flew by and we never really realised how close our exams were, it was just so difficult to focus in class, specially when he was in the same group as me.

On this very day, Nessira decided to be absent because she was 'sick' (yes, I'm pretty sure that she was perfectly fine because when I reached back home that day and opened Instagram, she had flooded our chat with messages and videos of how she is enjoying ice cream and brownies while watching her favourite TV show) but, so did Damian.

So today, Zaine sat beside me.

The whole day, all we did was talk to eachother, pass notes during classes writing about whatever came to our mind.

During one of the classes, the teacher called out our names and told us to present something that we weren't really paying attention to, but even though we did not know what to do exactly, we presented it so perfectly, it felt as if we were capable of anything.

The whole break, we laughed about it.

Whenever we were paying attention to the lesson, I would unconsciously take a glimpse at him and almost every time I would find him looking at me. And then he would give me that smile. That same warm smile that made my stomach swirl. I would instantly look away, acting like I didn't really notice anything, but I'm quite aware that he knows how I feel. He doesn't dismiss it too.

Whenever there would be an activity in which we would have to work in pairs, he would scoot his seat a bit closer. He would tilt his head a little and keep nodding slightly whenever I would speak, which made me smile because I noticed him do it every time I spoke, but never when having a conversation with any other person or when someone else spoke to him. 

That day, I don't know what happened, I was speaking to him about some of the events that take place in school and something slipped out of my mouth that I didn't expect would. "Would you go to prom with me?" I quickly realised what I had just said and immediately tried to think of something else to change the topic but before I could, he shot a wide smile at me just said, "sure."

All I know is that after that incident, I don't remember what all happened that day because my mind was blank.

It was only the day after, when Nessira was back in school, so we didn't have more time to talk about whatever was spoken of yesterday.

Thankfully.