Chapter 2 : Orion Everhart

A doctor walked to Orion and asked with a smile, "How are you feeling little one?"

Orion looked at him. He could see that the doctor was very tired. He said with a bit of nervousness, "I am fine, doctor."

Noticing his nervousness, the doctor ruffled his hair and said, "No need to be nervous. It was just a wild Pokemon who managed to enter the city. It shouldn't happen again."

Orion nodded. But he couldn't help but ask, "What happened to me, doctor?"

The doctor replied, "It was a Pokemon named Drowzee. He accidentally released a psychic wave and hurt you and your friends. It was neutralized by our Gym Leader."

Orion thought, 'I see. So that's what happened. I guess this world isn't that safe. Especially those memories… They are very cloudy and unclear.'

The doctor checked him once again and said, "You are healthy to leave. Wait a few minutes, I'll send a nurse to escort you to a caretaker."

Orion nodded. The doctor left. Orion sighed in relief thinking, 'He didn't notice anything odd. So I should be fine if some stranger sees me. The only worry is if someone who knew this body before meets me. But, from his memories, the kid was very reserved and liked being alone. He spent more time in the library and barely spoke with anyone.

So, as long as I don't talk much, I should be fine. Even if anything odd is noticed, it can be attributed to the psychic wave. Hopefully, the transmigration won't cause much of an issue.'

He was worried. Though entering the Pokemon world was an exciting event, he was worried about being killed off before he could leave. As a result, his mind was focused on it.

Finally, he looked around and observed, 'Unfortunately there are no Pokemon here. I'd have loved to interact with Chansey.'

Soon, a nurse arrived. She took him to the caretaker. The caretaker was a middle-aged woman. She had some blonde hair. Orion could notice some wrinkles developing on her face. He recalled from his memories that her name was Amelia.

She quickly bent down and said, "It's good to see that you are fine, Orion. Wait in this room. We will be leaving for the orphanage in 10 minutes."

Orion just nodded. Since he was as reserved as usual, Amelia didn't notice anything odd. Even if it was, she might have not noticed it as her mind was in sorrow due to the dead orphans.

Orion looked around the room. He noticed a bunch of kids around his age. The room was very silent. It was because they had noticed that some of their friends were missing. After 15 minutes, everyone was taken back to the orphanage on a bus.

On the bus, Orion occupied a window seat and kept looking outside. He wanted to see Pokemons. But to his surprise, other than a few Pokemons who were travelling with their trainers, he didn't see a single wild Pokemon.

He thought, 'That's weird. I was expecting to see numerous Pidgey flying in the sky and perhaps some rodent mons on the street. Why aren't there any?'

Orion didn't interact with anyone on the bus or even after he reached the orphanage and walked straight to his room. The room had 2 bunker beds which were shared by him and three others. Orion ignored that and walked to the mirror and observed himself.

He muttered softly, "So this is how I look…"

In front of him was a 5-year-old boy peering back at him. He was slim and had average height for his age and fair skin. His clothes were also very simple, consisting of just a normal shirt and shorts. His hair was plain black and neatly trimmed but devoid of fancy style. However, among all the ordinariness, there was one feature that stood out.

His eyes… They were crystal blue in colour and were very captivating. He thought, 'Not exceptional, but not bad either. Apart from the eyes, everything screams ordinary. Which is good as I won't attract any unneeded attention. But, should I stick to the same name or change my name to one from my previous world?

He thought for a bit before shaking his head, 'No. I shouldn't be stuck back. The name wouldn't allow me to move on. Besides, I have gained all of his memories. Even though the kid was unlucky, it wouldn't be nice to change my name. Besides, it might raise some eyebrows.'

He stared at the mirror again and thought, 'Orion Everhart. He came to the orphanage 2 years ago. Unfortunately, he didn't remember much of his life before that. I do have some distinct memories of a war, but I can't remember any details. After entering, he was very reserved and never made any friends.

Instead, he spent most of his time in the library. While the other kids dreamt about becoming a Pokemon Master, he dreamt about becoming a scientist. He kept reading one science book after another in the library. Due to this, he was often mocked and bullied by the other kids.

Had he been in my previous world, he would have been an ideal kid. But in this world, a person who doesn't want to become a Pokemon trainer will be very rare. Still, what sad luck for him. To have died from a rogue Psychic attack. That said, I wonder if I would have transmigrated here had he not died. Would I have transmigrated into some other dead kid? And is this a natural phenomenon or was a higher power behind this?'

He thought a lot but couldn't come up with an answer. After all, he was just a normal guy. Even if he was transmigrated here, he couldn't think of anything substantial he could do for this world.

He shook his head and decided, 'Leave it. There is no way I will get any answer. If someone is capable of transmigrating one person across universes, then such a being is far beyond what I can comprehend.

Coming back to Orion, the good news is that he doesn't have anyone close to him. No family I need to look after or any friends whom I may need to continue being friends with. So I'm free to pursue whatever I want without any restrictions.'

A smile appeared on his face as he made plans. He decided, 'Just like in the manga and anime, here 10-year-old kids begin their journey as a trainer as well. Meaning, that I have 5 years to prepare myself.

I first need to work on my physique. Right now, it is just too weak. In addition to building high stamina, I also need to be able to throw a good punch and kick and be a master at running away! And, as luck would have it, I am in Saffron City. I can explore to see if I can be trained in Psychic myself.

That said, I need to be careful of Sabrina. She was a part of Team Rocket in the manga. On the other hand, she was batshit crazy in the anime. Though I like how smart Giovanni was in the manga, I'd prefer to stay away from Team Rocket if it exists.

But, I guess this can wait. I do have 5 years after all. For now, I need information! Is this world similar to anime or manga? Also, what time is it currently? After I understand this world, I might be able to take advantage of the events I know will occur in the future.'

He left his room and walked to the library that was next to the Orphanage.