Chapter 31 : Plunder

While the Beedrills and Butterfrees were engaged in an intense battle, loud sounds of several hundred birds chirping were heard! Orion looked towards his left. To his surprise, a flock of Spearows and Fearows appeared and attacked the Beedrill hive.

The Beedrill hive was located right in between the Butterfree and Fearow hives. The Beedrills were already fighting against Butterfrees on one side. Unexpectedly, they were attacked from the other side as well. Immediately, several more Beedrills appeared from the hive and flew to intercept the Fearows and Spearows.

However, their numbers were much lower. They immediately fell into a disadvantageous position. Understanding that those Beedrills wouldn't be able to hold back the Spearows and Fearows for long, another 5 Beedrills appeared from the hive and joined the war. Orion's eyes landed on one of the Beedrills. Its aura was much higher than any other Beedrill.

Orion speculated, 'Is she the Queen of the hive? Considering her aura, her level might be over 30. Still…'

Despite the stronger Beedrill joining the war, the Beedrills were still at a heavy disadvantage. They kept dying every minute. The situation was so dire that even some Weedles crawled out of the hive and fired Poison Stings and String Shots at the Spearows and Fearows.

Orion's eyes sparkled as he realized, 'They are flanked on both sides! The Beedrills that intercepted the Spearows and Fearows should be the ones who stayed back to defend the hive. Since they are losing so badly and still not getting any reinforcements, it should mean that the hive is currently empty or very poorly defended. Perhaps only Kakuna are left behind.

The issue of not knowing the exact location of their hive is solved as well thanks to their movements. If they have any treasures, it should be from where the strong Beedrill appeared. Hehe, I can't let such a good opportunity slip away. Even if I fail, I'll just retreat deep underground with Rhyhorn. Considering that they are being flanked on both sides, they won't have any time to chase after me.'

Orion looked at Rhyhorn and instructed him to start digging a tunnel to the spot from where the Beedrills had appeared. While the war was taking place in the skies, the ones at war were completely unaware of the fact that there was someone who was digging right towards Beedrill's hive.

In a few minutes, Orion reached right under the spot from where the last 5 Beedrills had appeared. He muttered, "Here goes nothing. Rhyhorn, Machop, be prepared! We can't make a single mistake! Machop, you will be going out and collecting the things that I'll point out. Rhyhorn, you and I will stay near the entrance of the tunnel and support Machop. Are you two ready?"

Rhyhorn and Machop nodded. Orion said, "Good. Rhyhorn, use Rock Polish three times. Machop, use Focus Energy three times."

While stat boosting moves weren't as overpowered as in the games, there was no reason to not use them while they had a chance to. If Orion's Pokemons knew any more stat boosting moves, he would have made them boost everything.

With his Pokemons ready, Orion instructed, "Remember, the most important thing is ensuring our safety. If there are still many Beedrills here, if the beedrills return, if we face any danger or if anything strange happens, we will retreat into the tunnel without hesitation. Is that understood?"

"Rhy" "Machop" Both Rhyhorn and Machop agreed. Orion said, "Good. Rhyhorn, open up the tunnel."

Rhyhorn immediately opened up the tunnel and the three of them poked their heads out. Immediately, their eyes landed on a few dozen Kakunas hanging on the tree branches around them.

Orion analyzed, 'As expected, the Kakunas are still here as they can't move. There are a few young Weedles as well, though they seem to have just hatched. Even though the Kakunas can't move, they can still attack using Poison Sting and String Shot. Fortunately, I should be able to handle that.'

The Kakunas stared at the three intruders but didn't attack. Machop and Rhyhorn were fully alert. Being stared at so many Pokemons was unnerving. Orion sighed in relief. Kakuna needed to gather energy for their evolution. So he had a good reason to believe that they wouldn't attack on sight. He hoped that they wouldn't attack when he stole anything for the same reason.

He began looking around the place to see if he could find something valuable. His eyes immediately landed on some berries and sparkling objects that were lying in between a few trees.

Orion said, "Machop, toss those items here. Be prepared to dodge in case the Kakunas attack you."

"Machop!" Machop exclaimed and began walking cautiously towards the area while Orion held his Pokeball to recall him at any moment. To his and Orion's relief, the Kakunas didn't attack. There were two reasons for this. The first was what Orion had thought of. That is, the Kakunas wanted to conserve their energy.

However, it was the second reason due to which no one attacked. That reason was that their hive was being attacked from two sides and all the Beedrills had gone to defend the hive. They could sense that Rhyhorn's level was extremely high while Machop was stronger than them as well. If the Kakunas attacked preemptively, they could provoke another strong foe who might be able to destroy their hive while the stronger Pokemons were out.

Machop reached the area. He quickly grabbed the berries and began tossing them towards Orion. Orion used Telekinesis to catch the berries and swiftly kept stuffing them in his bag. Within a minute, Machop tossed back more than 300 berries. Orion barely managed to keep up with him and in fact, missed a few berries. He could only be thankful that the strange technology in this world allowed bags to store things several times their size.

The Kakunas didn't do anything initially, but seeing so many berries being taken, they became worried and Orion began hearing the sound of various Kakuna making some noise. He understood that they were communicating with each other.

Orion thought, 'There're two things that they might be discussing. One is that they are discussing whether to attack or not. And the other is that they are informing the Beedrills about my presence.'

Orion spoke in a voice that was barely loud enough for Machop to hear, "Machop, enough berries, throw the shiny stuff here."

From his position, Orion couldn't see what the shiny stuff was. Meanwhile, Machop didn't think that they would be as valuable as the berries. So he ignored them. Hearing Orion's words, Machop turned his attention away from the berries.

The shiny stuff was just some silver colored powder that existed in quite a considerable amount. Machop saw some objects in them. He picked them up and tossed them back towards Orion who quickly grabbed them and placed them in the bag.

At the very second, Orion heard a buzzing sound. He looked towards his right and saw that one Beedrill was making its way back to the hive. He quickly analyzed, 'Around level 20, not a big deal.'

"Rhyhorn, use Smack Down. Machop, grab as much of that powder as you can."

While he commanded, Orion's eyes glowed as he focused on the Beedrill's wings. Beedrill was surprised as its wings suddenly stopped moving. A moment later, it was hit by the Smack Down and slammed into the ground. At the same time, Orion recalled Machop, who was holding a lot of stuff, into the Pokeball.

The Beedrill let out a cry as it slammed into the ground. Hearing the cry, every Kakuna around Orion launched Poison Sting in his direction. However, both Orion and Rhyhorn rushed down the tunnel as Orion instructed, "Rhyhorn, seal up the opening."

Rhyhorn immediately slammed his foot on the ground and caused a portion of the tunnel to collapse, blocking anyone from entering into it. The two of them immediately rushed back through the tunnel!