Chapter 7 : The most boring training & Orion's Superpower!

Unknown to Orion and the other orphans, Psychic training was extremely boring! If a list of the most boring activities in the Pokemon world was made, the Psychic training would top that list. And there would be no competition for it!

Cedric thought, 'The children almost never manage to endure such a boring training. By comparison, it is easier to train someone who has been a Pokemon trainer for a while and experienced the horror of the outside world. That provides a good motivation to beat boredom.

But, the young age is a golden time. Someone who begins training to become a Psychic at 15 can never match someone who begins that at the age of 5. Oh well, nothing I can do. If we get around 8-10 trainees from the thousands of 5-year-old kids this year, then that will be good enough.'

The next day, all 43 5-year-old orphans were woken up at 4 AM! This made the kids groan. The majority didn't want to wake up and go to the Gym for training. Amelia sighed and said, "Did you forget about the promise you made in the Gym yesterday? Don't you want to become the Pokemon Master?"

Her words reminded the children of the excitement and they woke up. Amelia repeated the same words in almost every room. The only exception was the room in which Orion was. Orion was already up, while Aiden had created so much noise that Bryan couldn't sleep anymore.

Before 5 AM, the kids reached the Gym. As the day before, Cedric was present to receive them. He looked at the number of kids and nodded as all had arrived at such an early hour. He said, "Follow me."

He entered the Gym and walked towards the Meditation Gardens. While entering, Orion looked behind and noticed another bus. At the same time, a middle-aged lady walked out of the door. Orion thought, 'As I suspected. They will be providing this training to a large number of kids. I guess the Gym and the League are extremely rich despite the circumstances.'

Cedric led everyone to one section of the garden. As soon as they entered, everyone's attention was quickly attracted by the young pokemons in the garden. Even Orion was looking at them.

He quickly identified them and thought, 'Abra, Drowzee, Exeggute, Mime Jr. Smoochum, Meditate, Natu, Wynaut and Baltoy! Finally! This is the first time I have seen so many Pokemons after entering this world. This city doesn't have any wild Pokemons!

All were caught or killed to prevent random attacks on citizens. In the last three months, I only interacted with a few unevolved Pokemons that the caretakers had raised. Sigh, I never thought that seeing Pokemon would be so special after entering this world!'

The young kids were about to rush towards the cute Pokemons in excitement when Cedric said, "Calm down. They are currently meditating. I'll let you interact with them later. For now, sit down and listen to me."

The young kids reluctantly agreed. Cedric looked at them and said, "Welcome to the Saffron Gym, young ones. Today, we shall begin by connecting with the energies around us through meditation. Make yourself comfortable and close your eyes."

Following his instruction, every child closed their eyes. Cedric continued, "Now, take a deep breath, clear your mind, and focus on the sensations within you. Feel the rhythm of your breath and the gentle rustle of leaves."

For a few minutes, the Meditation Garden echoed with a peaceful silence as the children attempted to meditate. But, as the moments passed, the minds of the children began wandering inevitably. Their fidgeting became evident.

Cedric noticed the struggle and said, "Patience is the key, young ones. See how the young Pokemons are able to meditate perfectly. Keep your focus, and continue meditating."

His words made the children meditate seriously once again. However, after a couple of minutes, they became restless once again.

Orion thought, 'Fuck! This training is incredibly boring! There is no freaking way a 5-year-old can do this! I finally understand why they were being so generous. I don't think anyone except an extremely small number will even come to train on the 2nd day!'

Meanwhile, Aiden thought, 'Though this is boring, I have to meditate. If I become a Psychic, I will take my first step towards becoming a Pokemon Master.'

All of a sudden, a loud shout was heard, "I WILL BECOME THE POKEMON MASTER!"

After shouting, he immediately began meditating without paying attention to the eyes staring at him. Orion chuckled and thought, 'What a crazy kid. Oh well, I need to get serious as well. This world is scary. I need to have the Telekinesis ability to defend myself in critical situations. More importantly, I need the ability to Teleport from dangerous situations.'

Orion suddenly became very serious. He thought, 'Though I didn't get any system or cheat, I did get one superpower that none of the kids my age should have.'

A bunch of memories suddenly began appearing in Orion's mind. His mind became extremely serious as he recalled those memories. As for what these mysterious memories were?

They were none other than the hours and hours of time he spent studying continuously in his previous life. He recalled how demotivating that was and how he motivated himself by the promise of a bright future.

Orion thought, 'Considering the amount of effort I spent studying, just meditating is nothing. After all, I don't have to memorize historical events, geographical locations, dates, names, any complicated formulae or their countless applications. I'd rather meditate for an entire day than have to spend so much effort studying something I don't like!'

All of a sudden, Orion had a much easier time meditating. All the useless thoughts in his mind were eliminated. He placed his hands on his knees, connected the index fingers to respective thumbs and entered into deep meditation.

Cedric kept observing the kids. He knew that it was impossible for them all to meditate. He kept his eye on the ones who were forcing themselves to meditate. His eyes first landed on a girl. A hint of joy appeared on his face as he thought, 'This girl looks to be a natural. Everyone looked at the loud boy when he made his declaration except this girl. She kept meditating.'

His eyes turned towards Aiden as he thought, 'This kid has some promise as well. Unfortunately, I don't think his nature and personality are suitable to become a Psychic.'

Finally, his eyes landed on Orion as he observed, 'He was a bit fidgety at first. But somehow, he has managed to calm himself down. Right now, his focus seems to be even higher than that girl.'

He observed another 4 children who were forcing themselves to meditate and thought, '3 who show promise and another 4 who are trying. As long as even one of these 7 manages to keep training for a couple of years, there is a high chance that he or she will unlock Psychic powers. After all, each and every one of them was hit by that Psychic wave 3 months ago. That should improve their chances of unlocking this power.'