Chapter 12 : Run!

Orion quickly reached the Poke Mart. He went to the counter where they bought herbs, placed the stem on the table and said, "I want to sell this."

The employee working at that counter was surprised to see a 7-year-old boy selling Breeze Blossoms. He ignored the flowers and asked, "Did you go outside the city?"

Orion shook his head and said innocently, "No. I was just at the city border when I saw this plant growing. I quickly brought it here."

The employee looked suspiciously at Orion, but Orion maintained his innocent look. After half a minute, the employee thought, 'Well, he is just a kid. I doubt he'll make such a good lie and be so fearless.'

He accepted the Breeze Blossoms and handed Orion 50 Pokecoins while saying, "Don't go outside the city by yourself, kiddo."

Orion accepted the money and responded, "I won't. My teacher said not to go outside the city under any circumstances."

The employee nodded and Orion left the Mart while thinking, 'My first money in this world… It's a shame that the stock market doesn't exist here. I could have multiplied the money a few times with some luck… Oh well, I guess investing in myself is the best investment decision for now. I need to save up for a few Pokeballs and catch my first Pokemon.

Sigh, I hope I come across an injured or a very young Pokemon. Else, there is no hope. Though I can control needles and use them to attack, it isn't something that can defeat a Pokemon…'

Orion continued going outside the city once daily. He would return back once he found anything to sell. He spent his remaining time meditating to improve his psychic prowess and training his body in the dojo. Fortunately, he never ran into a wild Pokemon.

Finally, after a week of heading outside the city, Orion saved up enough for a Pokeball! He immediately bought it from Poke Mart after selling what he had found.

After buying, Orion immediately began observing the Pokeball. A smile appeared on his face as he thought, 'It's exactly like I remember.'

The appearance of Pokeball was exactly like he remembered from his previous world. While he had seen a few Pokeballs with his instructors and Caretakers, he never got a chance to observe them closely.

He quickly checked the features of the Pokeball. Just like in the anime, the Pokeball could be minimized to make it easier to carry. Suddenly, Orion realized, 'Ugh, I forgot that I'll need a belt to hold Pokeballs… Otherwise, I'll need to carry them in my pockets which isn't very convenient… Now that I think about it, I'll need to buy a lot of other accessories as well. Oh well, one thing at a time.'

The next day, Orion headed outside the city once again. He wandered for around an hour when he smelled a faint soothing aura. Orion's eyes widened. He thought, 'This smell feels like what I had read about the Reviveleaf, an ingredient for Energy Powder. Poke Mart buys them for 20 Pokecoins.'

Orion quickly followed the scent. It was the first time he found a Reviveleaf. His eyes widened when he actually saw it, or rather, them. He exclaimed, 'Holy fuck! More than 20 Reviveleaves! Lucky break!'

He was about to pluck them when he heard a sound. In an instant, Orion became extremely alert. He immediately looked towards the source of the sound and prepared himself. His eyes immediately landed on a small, plump-bodied bird with a cream-coloured face and brown features. He cursed, 'Shit, a Pidgey!'

He immediately turned around and ran towards the city while grabbing the needles in his pocket. Orion was only around 70 meters from the city borders.

He didn't grab a single Reviveleaf. After all, what use was wealth if he didn't live to enjoy it? If the Pidgey was after the leaves, then he might not chase Orion. Unfortunately, for Orion, the bird chased after him!

He cursed, 'Shit!'

He immediately threw the three needles in his left hand towards Pidgey as he was running. He turned his head to observe Pidgey's movements. As he expected, the Pidgey flapped its wings and changed its direction slightly to get out of the way.

However, at that very moment, Orion's eyes glowed blue with Psychic energy. He changed the direction of the needles. Pidgey didn't expect the needles to suddenly change directions. The needles hit its left wing, forcing it to momentarily move away from Orion.

That small break was all Orion needed as he rushed forward at full speed and reached the city. As he ran, he thought, 'I might have noticed how good my eyesight was, but what I did notice is that this body is ridiculously strong. It's even stronger than my adult body from my previous life. In fact, if I had this body in my previous life and I participated in the Olympics, I would have won the Gold Medal in all athletic competitions even at the age of 7. There is just no competition. The humans in this world are far stronger physically than on Earth.'

Orion didn't stop and continued heading deeper into the city where there would be some Pokemon Trainers. Pidgey chased after Orion, but after he entered the city, it stopped and went back to where the Reviveleaves were. It ate the leaves and flew away.

Inside the city, Orion was taking deep breaths. It wasn't due to being tired but more due to the thrill he had just gone through. A smile could be seen on his face. He muttered to himself, 'That was extremely thrilling! Hahahaha.'

Orion had expected himself to be scared. To his surprise, he found it thrilling. Suddenly, a peculiar expression appeared on his face. He thought, 'Why am I feeling so happy about running away from a Pidgey? If my fellow Pokemon fans from my previous world were to learn that I ran away from a Pidgey, they would laugh until tears flowed down their cheeks!'

Orion shook his head and thought, 'Leave it. There is no point in having an ego. This world is very scary and dangerous. Until I catch my first Pokemon, I need to prioritize safety. The belt can wait for now. I should first buy some poisonous and paralytic solutions. If my needle was poisonous then I might have had some chance of catching the Pidgey with my Pokeball.

That said, the chance would have been very low. Still, it's better than nothing I suppose. Plus, the time it takes to break out from the Pokeball would provide me a few more seconds to escape.'