Chapter 21 : The First Battle!

Rhyhorn's past was interesting, to say the least. He grew up in a colony having several hundred Rhyhorn and Rhydon. Unfortunately, his colony was attacked by the nearby Golem colony and they lost. Rhyhorn escaped when they had nearly lost the war and wandered around.

Since the colony was close to Saffron City, he unknowingly travelled towards it. En route, he ran into a Beedrill hive and smashed into a tree, causing the Beedrills to consider him a threat. As a result, he was brutally attacked. It was during this fight that he learnt Bulldoze as well as Dig, the latter helped him escape from the relentless attack.

While he was escaping through the underground, he hit something extremely solid and hurt his hind leg. Since he was scared, he didn't investigate and continued running. Thanks to his luck, he avoided running into any Trainers and only ran into some weak wild Pokemons which kept draining his energy until he was finally caught by Orion.

Orion thought, 'Hmm, a fight among different Pokemon species in the wild… If I can plunder the Golem colony, I will gain a lot of resources to help Rhyhorn grow properly. Unfortunately, that is impossible right now.

Hmm, it's time to head out again. I need to level Rhyhorn up. The only way to do so is by fighting. And, I also need some live practice on how to fight with Rhyhorn. I also need to make some money. If I can earn up to 10-15 thousand Pokecoins every month, I could afford to catch another Pokemon. That should be my goal for the time being.'

Having made up his mind, Orion left the city once again after nearly a month!  Orion didn't want to take too much risk. So, to start with, he decided to just do what he was doing earlier and fight with the Pokemons he usually encountered.

On the fourth day after he began leaving the city, Orion finally heard a noise. He immediately faced in that direction and called Rhyhorn out. Seconds later, two Rattata appeared in front of him. They became alert on seeing the Rhyhorn

Orion smiled and thought, 'My first Pokemon battle…'
Orion immediately commanded, "Rhyhorn, use Bulldoze!"

Rhyhorn lifted his front legs and stomped on the ground with a lot of force. It created a shockwave that moved towards the two Rattata. In an instant, both Rattata were hit and their legs were hurt. They lost a good chunk of their HP as well.

Immediately, one of the Rattata began charging towards Rhyhorn while the other ran to its left. Orion instructed, "Rhyhorn, use Smack Down on the one in front of you."

Rhyhorn opened his mouth and fired a golden orb at the incoming Rattata. At the same time, Orion kept his eye on the Rattata who escaped in a different direction. The Rattata tried dodging the attack and moved to its right. It barely managed to dodge the attack and continued running towards Rhyhorn. Orion commanded, "Rhyhorn, use Tackle! Don't let him dodge this time!"

Rhyhorn immediately began charging. As soon as the Rhyhorn began charging, the other Rattata turned around and began charging towards Orion. Orion noticed it and cursed, 'Shit!'

He immediately grabbed a couple of needles and threw them at the Rattata. At the same time, he began moving towards his Rhyhorn and shouted once again, "It will try to avoid you. Ensure that you hit, Rhyhorn!"

As Orion expected, Rattata tried to get out of the way by jumping above Rhyhorn, but Rhyhorn jumped up slightly as well and hit Rattata, sending it flying away for some distance.

At that time, Orion was using his psychic powers to target the Rattata heading towards him with needles. Unfortunately, the Rattata was too fast. It dodged all the needles with ease. Thankfully, it wasn't very close to Orion as it was initially pretending to run away from Orion and Rhyhorn. Orion's needles further slowed it down as Orion didn't allow it to run straight towards him. In addition, Orion was already moving towards Rhyhorn.