Chapter 8 : Intense Training

There were 3 ways of unlocking Psychic abilities. The first and simplest but the most uncommon was to be born with it. Sabrina fell under this category. The next was to train and meditate for years. The majority of the Psychics fell under this category. And there were a few who had their abilities unlocked forcefully due to outside impact.

The League had banned using the 3rd way as no human knew what the appropriate impact would be to unlock Psychic powers. They experimented, but it resulted in a large number of deaths and mental problems, forcing the League to ban it.

Cedric was hoping that the 3rd method aided these kids, which is why he took the responsibility to guide them. He motivated the kids more before giving up on the ones that had no hope. He just ensured that they didn't disturb the ones who were meditating.

Cedric allowed the kids to meditate till 8 AM before stopping for breakfast. After breakfast, he once again asked who was interested in training. Only 7 raised their hands. He asked Amelia to send the remaining back to the Orphanage as he guided just the 7. He made them meditate for 3 hours continuously twice before letting them leave with Amelia.

Orion stretched his body and thought, 'These are going to be a few very boring months or years. My body is so stiff. If, after working hard in this life, I die once again without getting to enjoy the rewards of my hard work, I'll be pissed!'

The next day, only the 7 came to the Gym with Amelia. Cedric had given up on the rest, but he asked Amelia to bring them to him if someone suddenly became serious and had a desire to train.

Before Cedric could ask them to meditate, Orion asked, "Sir, I have a question."

Cedric smiled and said, "No need to call me Sir. Since you are my student, you can call me Master. And you don't need to ask permission to ask any questions. Just ask. I will clear all your queries."

Orion nodded and replied, "Alright Master. I read that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind. So could we also train our bodies in between meditation sessions?"

Cedric was surprised. He asked, "Where did you read that?"
Before Orion could answer, Aiden said while giggling, "Must be in the library. Orion must have read every book at least 7 times!"
Orion just shrugged in response.

Cedric took a second look at Orion and analyzed, 'Hmm, such a young person likes to read so much? That's impressive. I was planning to start basic physical exercises after a few months, but it's good that he is taking the initiative.'

He replied, "Yes, you are right. I will also guide you to train your bodies today. But we will start with meditation."

The kids began meditating once again. After breakfast, Cedric arranged for some games such as tag, dodgeball and other similar games to help the kids keep their bodies active and develop some basic but important skills like running away, dodging, jumping high, etc.

The training continued in this manner for a week. Finally, the kids began reaching their breaking point. Meditating for 9 hours was just too boring! One by one, they began dropping out. Finally, after 15 days, there were only 3 children training under Cedric. They were Aiden, Orion and a girl named Emma. On this day, Aiden couldn't hold on either.

He said to Cedric, "I want to become the Pokemon Master to have a lot of fun with my Pokemons. I don't want to train in this boring way for all my life."

Over the last couple of weeks, Cedric was very impressed with his determination. Unfortunately, he could only sigh and let him go.

He looked at Orion and Emma and asked, "Do any of you want to quit as well?"

Emma shook her head while Orion replied casually, "Not today. Maybe after I become the best human Psychic."

Cedric smiled and thought, '2 out of 43. A good result.'

Orion and Emma continued the training for another 15 days before they were introduced to other 5-year-old kids who had managed to last a month. Cedric looked at everyone and thought, 'We tried guiding 7317 kids. And only 27 could last a month. Better than last year I suppose. We got only 23 trainees last year.'

One day, Orion was seated in front of a small stool in a meditative position in a closed room. In the same room, the other trainees were also sitting in a similar position. In front of the room, Cedric was meditating as well.

As he meditated, Orion began feeling a sense of peace and tranquillity. He had felt it numerous times while meditating. He sunk his mind into that peaceful sensation as always. However, this time, Orion felt a unique energy inside his body. It gave him an inexplicable feeling. He couldn't understand what that energy was. But it felt very comfortable.

Suddenly, Cedric opened his eyes and looked at Orion. A moment later, Orion's eyes snapped open. A blue glow appeared in his eyes as he tried focusing on the coin placed on the stool. However, he had no control. The Psychic energy was directed at the wooden stool. It caused its legs to crumble and began tearing the top of the stool into two!

This sudden commotion awoke everyone from their meditation. Cedric teleported behind Orion and placed his hand on his shoulder. A voice rang inside Orion's head, "Calm down and focus on your energy. Remember, you control the energy within you. Never let it control or influence you!"

Cedric's words caused Orion to calm down. He slowly stopped exerting force on the stool and began meditating again. The energy that was leaking from him was absorbed back into his body as he reentered meditation.

Cedric stood next to Orion as he did so. Meanwhile, the remaining trainees looked at Orion with a hint of jealousy. After all, Orion was the first one from their age group to unlock Psychic powers! But, remembering Cedric's instructions, no one disturbed him. They began meditating again with renewed vigour.

Cedric observed Orion and thought, 'Generally it takes around 2 years to unlock Psychic powers. But he managed to do it in just 6 months. Looks like that Psychic wave was indeed a boon for him. A shame that only one other kid from that Orphanage could continue training.

After Orion gets complete control over his Psychic energy, I will have him go to the Orphanage and show off his powers. It might motivate those kids to train seriously. Though they will be almost a year late, starting at the age of 6 is still much better than starting in their teens.'

His eyes turned towards Emma as he thought, 'If she unlocks Psychic Powers as well, then it will be even more helpful!'

After training intensely for over half a year, Orion's effort had finally yielded results!

After half an hour, Orion finally opened his eyes. A smile appeared on Cedric's face. He said, "You have unlocked your Psychic energy."

Orion nodded. He looked at the damaged stool in front of him. An excitement appeared in his eyes as he thought, 'Finally! I have superpowers! Hahaha.'