Chapter 47 : Explosion!

The hill where the Golems were residing was nearly empty due to the majority of the Pokemons going to battle against the suicidal Dodrios. Taking the opportunity, Orion and his Pokemons teleported right to the centre of the hill.

Their sudden appearance surprised some Geodudes who were still inside the hill. Orion's eyes scanned through the area as he instructed, “Rhydon, quickly check whether you can feel a decent amount of Rock or Ground type energy anywhere in this hill. Kadabra, you search for it as well. Machoke, if anyone attacks, hit them with your close combat and send them flying.”

Orion noticed four Geodudes looking at his team curiously. However, he could see that they were very young and were only looking at his team curiously without any intention of attacking or even informing the ones that were fighting. The strongest among them was only at level 3. As a result, he decided against attacking them and creating an unwanted ruckus.

Rhydon immediately felt something. He began going deeper into the hill through the existing tunnels which were constructed by the Golems. Orion, Kadabra and Machoke followed him. The Geodudes followed them as well. They continued going deeper into the tunnel, eventually going below the ground level. Just before they reached the deepest level, Kadabra softly said, “Kadabra.”

Kadabra informed the group about a formidable presence up ahead. Orion softly enquired, “Could it be an Elite Pokemon?”

Orion and his Pokemons had seen Cedric'a Elite tier Pokemons. They understood that they wouldn't stand much of a chance against one. Elite tier Pokemons were in an entirely different league as compared to Pokemons under level 50. It was why Elite Trainers were so highly valued among the humans and why cities and towns didn't allow any wild Elite Pokemon to take residence close to them.

Kadabra shook his head and informed Orion that it was around the same level as the leader of the Golems. Orion said, “Good. As long as it isn't an elite Pokemon, we can handle it!”

Thanks to relentlessly grinding for 6 months, Orion's Pokemons had gotten considerably stronger. Rhydon had managed to level up just once in these 6 months, reaching level 43 but had improved move mastery considerably. Machoke reached level 36. Kadabra continued growing at a rapid speed and had gone past Machoke to become Orion's second-strongest Pokemon. He was at level 39!

So Orion had some confidence in taking down a level 49 Pokemon as long as it was alone. Orion softly instructed, “Kadabra, when you see the Golem, use Confusion to immobilize it and make it float in the air. Ensure that it can't roar.

Machoke, you will use that opportunity to hit it with Close Combat. Continue attacking until it loses consciousness. Rhydon, you will keep an eye on the young ones behind us. If they escape, then let them. If they try to make a move, then unleash an Earthquake. Though it'll alert the other Golems, they'll need some time to return here. We should have plenty of time to steal the resources and escape.”

His Pokemons nodded and cautiously kept moving forward. In a few seconds, a pair of eyes noticed them. It wondered, ‘Golem?’ (How did a human come so deep into our hill without anyone noticing? Did he take advantage of the war? Tsk, cunning humans. I need to alert others.)

Unfortunately, before it could do anything, Kadabra used Confusion on the Golem, making it float in the air while constantly causing more damage. The Golem immediately panicked as its feet couldn't touch the ground. It tried roaring, but Kadabra didn't even allow it to open its mouth!

Soon after, Machoke made his move and began hitting the Golem with his Close Combat continuously. He had already used Focus Energy multiple times, due to which, he landed several critical hits!

Orion observed the Golem and analyzed, ‘Hmm, it is probably level 44 or 45. Though it is slightly stronger than Machoke and Kadabra, Machoke is hitting it with a super effective attack while Kadabra is targeting his weak special defence. He isn't a threat unless he…’

Seeing Orion and the other intruders attacking the baby Geodudes panicked and began rolling towards Orion. In addition, 3 Gravellers appeared from deeper in the hill and began moving towards Machoke. Seeing them, Orion's eyes began glowing blue. Soon, Psychic energy covered his entire body and he began floating into the air.

In the last 11 months, Orion's Psychic training had progressed rapidly as well. He could now lift up to 75 kg with his Psychic energy. He was just a little distance from his goal of reaching 100 kg. Even so, he could float in the air for a few seconds without any trouble.

At the same time, Machoke jumped into the air as he continued attacking the Golem while Kadabra also began floating in the air. The reason why he could while already using an attack was that Kadabra's Confusion had reached the Master level as well. It was why Orion had him use Confusion instead of the stronger Psychic.

Rhydon slammed his foot onto the ground with such force, that the entire hill began trembling! The powerful earthquake knocked out every Geodude and Graveller in the area while Orion, Machoke, Kadabra and Golem evaded it as they were floating.

Even outside the hill, both species of Pokemons stopped fighting for a moment and looked towards the hill, neither understanding why someone would use an Earthquake inside the hill. Immediately, the leading Golem's eyes widened. He had been having an off feeling ever since the Dodrio's went crazy. He finally connected the dots.

He quickly sent some Pokemons back towards the hill and began aggressively asking the leading Dodrio to calm down and cooperate with him. However, sensing his desperation, the Dodrio attacked even more fiercely!

Inside the hill, the Golem noticed that Rhydon had knocked everyone out! In addition, it could feel that it wouldn't last for much longer under such an assault and would soon be killed!

Realizing that his death was just a matter of time, a hint of craziness appeared in its eyes, something that Orion immediately noticed. He immediately instructed, “Kadabra, use Reflect right in front of Golem. Machoke, retreat and use Protect. Rhydon and Kadabra use Protect as well.”

As he was speaking, he quickly climbed Rhydon's back so that he would be covered by the energy barrier as well. His Pokemons quickly followed his instructions as they noticed the Golem's craziness as well. As Orion had expected, the Golem used Explosion!

All the rocks on Golem's body exploded violently! It broke through Kadabra's Confusion, finally freeing Golem in its last moments. Rocks and an energy wave were launched in every direction. As for the ones coming towards Orion and his team, they were first weakened by the barrier before hitting the energy barriers surrounding them.

The Explosion caused a lot of damage to the tunnel and killed some of the unlucky baby Geodudes, covering the entire area in dust! The noise of the Explosion was heard all the way outside the hill where the battle was raging.

-----------------------------------
A/N : If you want to, you can support me on Patreon.
Link - www.patreon.com/demigod9
Patreon has 14 additional chapters right now.