Chapter 52 : An Uneasy Feeling

[A/N: Hey guys. Please share this fanfic...]

Having caught his fourth Pokemon, Orion stopped his heists temporarily and instead focused on bonding with Bulbasaur. Unlike his other three Pokemons, Bulbasaur didn't need any time to recover from her injuries. He started training her on the very next day.

Looking at a practice dummy, Orion instructed, “Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip and follow it up with Razor Leaf!”

Bulbasaur shot out two vines from under the plant bulb on her back and whipped the dummy before wrapping and strangling it. She followed it up by attacking the dummy with Razor Leaf, creating several cuts on the dummy.

Orion analyzed, ‘Hmm, Vine Whip is at Expert level mastery as she can move while using it. Razor Leaf isn't though. That said, even though Vine Whip isn't at Master level mastery, she can still attack with a second attack after immobilizing the opponent. That'll be handy.’

“Bulbasaur, follow it up with a Tackle.”

“Bulbasaur!”

One by one, Orion tested every one of Bulbasaur's moves. Bulbasaur knew the usual moves like Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip, Growth, Leech Seed and Razor Leaf. Among these six, only Vine Whip was at Expert level mastery. In addition, she knew two egg moves. They were Petal Dance and Ingrain. Petal Dance was at Expert level mastery as well.

Orion looked at his Bulbasaur who looked exhausted and confused. He analyzed, ‘Seems like Petal Dance doesn't cause any confusion in the real world nor does it lock a Pokemon in that move. Instead, it only does so if I make her use it repeatedly. Right now, she can use it three times in a row before she gets confused. I guess at Perfect mastery, this issue won't exist.

Regardless, her movepool is good. Petal Dance is an excellent Grass type Special Attack. She has decent healing options as well with ingrain and leech seed. She'll learn Synthesis later and I should teach her Giga Drain with TM as well to improve this aspect even further. Vine Whip and Razor Leaf, though not very strong, are good for controlling the battlefield at a medium range. Once she learns Poison Powder and Sleep Powder, she'll be excellent support for my heists!'

Orion's mind quickly created a training plan for his newest Pokemon. He spent a couple of days getting comfortable commanding Bulbasaur. On the third day, he visited Silph Co. and taught her Protect. Since he would be spending the majority of his day there, he also used the Technical Machine to teach Kadabra Foul Play! According to Orion, that was a far more reliable move if he was ever forced into close combat.

Not wanting to waste a lot of time, Orion decided to continue his heists from the fourth day. After all, he still had 5 more targets to plunder!

However, that day, something felt strange. Riding on the back of his Rhydon, Orion thought, ‘That's weird. Why am I getting this uneasy feeling?’

He looked at Rhydon and immediately realized that he seemed on edge too. He caressed his head and asked softly, “Are you feeling something off as well, buddy?”

“Rhy!” Rhydon replied in agreement. Though Orion didn't know what was wrong, he knew the importance of instinct in the wild. Though you shouldn't follow it blindly as Pokemons could build traps to take advantage of such instincts, ignoring such obvious warnings could be extremely disastrous.

Orion said, “Stop here.”

He grabbed his three Luxury Balls and called out his remaining Pokemon. The group were puzzled as they didn't see anything nearby. However, all 3 of them felt uneasy very quickly as well and conveyed it to Orion.

Orion analyzed, ‘All of them are feeling very uneasy as well. In addition, I haven't seen any wild Pokemons… It's almost as if they are all hiding. Should I still continue my heist? Or should I pause my activities?’

Orion was almost sure that something was about to happen. It was just that he didn't know what it would be. Even if it was dangerous, he could still have an opportunity to take advantage of the chaos and heavily benefit.

In the end, he decided, ‘Leave it. There is no point in taking unknown risks. Even if I miss an opportunity, I still have my entire life ahead. On the other hand, if I face danger and can't escape, then I'll die a meaningless death. There is no need to take such a risk.’

He said, “Let's retreat back to the city guys. Until we begin our journey, we will train within the city.”
“Rhydon” “Kadabra” “Machoke” “Bulba”

Orion's Pokemons agreed. There was no need to take such a risk. Just like Orion, all four of them were very young too and had experienced how brutal life in the wild was. They trusted their instincts far more than Orion.

The five of them returned back to the city. Orion had already handed the resources to his Pokemon. Rhydon was absorbing energy from Rock Essence crystal and Earth Essence crystal simultaneously. Kadabra was absorbing energy from the Psychic Essence Crystal. Machoke was absorbing energy from the Macho Braces they had stolen. And, Bulbasaur was absorbing energy from Leaf Stone while holding a Miracle Seed.

Orion wasn't short of resources or money. In fact, he had already ordered plenty of food for Bulbasaur through Cedric. After returning to the village, Orion began focusing on Move Mastery. Bulbasaur was made to train Protect. Orion wanted to raise it to the Expert level.

Rhydon was made to work on Rock Blast. Orion wanted to raise it to the Master level. Machoke continued working on Close Combat and Focus Blast while Kadabra continued working on Psychic and Psyshock. All four moves were at the Expert Level and Orion wanted to raise them to the Master level.

While Orion got busy in his training, a figure stood on top of the Gym, with concern very visible on her face. Next to her were several Pokemons, some standing on the roof, some floating. If Orion was to sense their aura, he'd be blown away by seeing how much stronger those Pokemons were when compared to his own!

‘I can feel their unease and restlessness.’
‘It is forming. They will come here soon.’

The voices of Gardevoir and Alakazam rang in Sabrina's head. She nodded and said, “There is no doubt. A Tide is being formed. It will reach the city in a few days.”

A frown appeared on her face as she wondered aloud, “However, why is the Tide forming right now? We dealt with the previous Tide around 7 years ago. The next Tide should have formed 3 to 5 years from now. Is this a natural phenomenon? Or did someone interfere with the Wild Pokemons, creating a situation for a new tide's formation?"

----------------------------------
A/N : If you want to, you can support me on Patreon.
Link - www.patreon.com/demigod9
Patreon has 15 additional chapters right now.

Thank you Thievingblam, Eragon, Jonathon, Daniel, Kieren and Faysal for supporting me on Patreon.