Chapter 33 : A Lucky Day

The item that Orion had obtained was called Celestial Pearl. It was said to have fallen from the night sky. Even though it didn't help Pokemons, its otherworldly glow made it highly sought after, and collectors paid very high amounts to collect it. Several researchers were also interested in studying the pearl.

Of course, that wasn't why Orion's eyes widened. The reason for that was the price of the pearl. The Poké Mart was willing to pay half a million Pokécoins for Celestial Pearl!

Orion thought, 'Such high price… Though its high price seems to be more due to its rarity rather than use. To think that Beedrill hive would have something like this. With this much money, I might be able to buy some important resources.'

In order to raise a Pokemon's talent, several resources were needed. While the cost of the Celestial Pearl was a lot, Orion was aware that the resources he would need in the future would easily cost a hundred times that amount.

He immediately began looking for things that could be useful for his Pokemons. After looking for a while, Orion was slightly disappointed.

He thought, 'It looks like Poké Mart isn't a good place to buy resources. There isn't much here. And most of what is here is of low quality. Even the evolutionary stones here are of the lowest quality.

The only good thing is an intermediate quality Macho Brace which costs 440 Thousand Pokecoins. It looks like the Dojo supplies Macho Braces of that quality here. They say that it'll be helpful for a Fighting type Pokemon to hold this item while the Pokemon is evolving.

Since Machop evolves at Level 28, I'll sell this pearl when he reaches Level 25 and buy the Macho Brace.'

Having made his decision, Orion handed the book back. Since he had some money, he bought 5 Ultra Balls to increase his chances of catching a rare Pokemon if he encountered one in the wild and left the Poké Mart.

Since he no longer had to worry about the money, Orion relaxed slightly. He continued going on trips outside the city and battled wild Pokemons to help Machop and Rhyhorn level up. At the same time, he kept an eye out for another feisty Pokemon like Machop. He also kept an eye out for any hive wars that might happen.

In the next 9 months, Orion came across only 1 such war. However, there wasn't any third-party interference and he didn't get any chance to plunder. While he did keep an eye out for Pokemons as well, he failed to find anyone with a similar grit as Machop. Even though some Pokemons came close, Orion wasn't satisfied and didn't catch them.

While that was something he expected, what surprised him more was the fact that he still hadn't encountered any Psychic Pokemon in the wild! He could only curse his bad luck. Fortunately, his search for a Psychic Pokemon came to a sudden end one day in a completely unexpected manner!

Orion was riding Rhyhorn in the wild when he encountered a group of 5 Mankeys. He sent out Machop, who had reached level 24! The Mankeys were of level 10-15. Orion's Machop single-handedly defeated all of them when suddenly Orion heard a sharp cry.

He immediately looked above. To his surprise, a Fearow appeared! Considering its aura, Orion estimated it to be at level 32! Orion thought, 'Hmm, today seems like a good day. It's rare to find high level Pokemons.'

Orion instructed, "Rhyhorn, use Smack Down. Follow it up with Bulldoze!"

Rhyhorn opened his mouth and launched Smack Down at Fearow who was diving towards Machop. At the same time, Rhyhorn raised his feet to use Bulldoze.

In the last 9 months, one massive improvement that Rhyhorn had was that his Smack Down had reached the Master level of Move Mastery! He could use it alongside other moves as long as those moves didn't require Rhyhorn to shoot anything from his mouth!

Fearow noticed the incoming attack and tried getting out of the way. However, at that very moment, Orion's eyes glowed as he used Telekinesis on Fearow's wings. It froze Fearow in place for a fraction of a second. That was all that was needed for Fearow to be hit by the attack.

Its eyes widened as his body became heavier and it crashed into the ground at a fast speed, taking a lot of damage. As soon as it landed, the Fearow was hit by the Bulldoze, damaging it even more.

Slight fear appeared in Fearow's eyes as it finally realized the difference in strength between itself and Rhyhorn. In the last 9 months, Rhyhorn's level had increased rapidly and reached an astonishing Level 38!

Rhyhorn had grown at a much quicker speed than Machop. There were several reasons for this. The first reason was that Rhyhorn had attacks that could hit multiple Pokemons at the same time. It allowed Rhyhorn to defeat a large number of low level Pokemons with relative ease.

In addition, Rhyhorn could also attack from a range, unlike Machop who had to engage in hand-to-hand combat every time. Rhyhorn having a higher level and high defences also meant that Orion was more willing to let it take risks as compared to Machop.

Along with these three factors, there was another important aspect that Orion noticed. As compared to Rhyhorn, Machop seemed to be levelling slightly slowly. He was confused at first but quickly understood that it was due to the difference in their talents. He realized that Rhyhorn had a higher talent than Machop.

Seeing that Fearow was vulnerable, Orion commanded, "Rhyhorn, finish it with Rock Blast!"

Rhyhorn's horn glowed white and three brown rocks appeared around it. All three of them were hurled at the Fearow. However, before it could reach Fearow, a white light appeared in the path of the rocks.

Orion was surprised. He immediately raised his guard. In the wild, it was his first time experiencing something like that. The white light stayed for fractions of a second and a yellow bipedal Pokemon having a kite-shaped face with a small, pale yellow snout and two short, pointed ears with pale yellow interiors appeared.

As soon as it appeared, it was hit by one of the three rocks! The remaining two continued on their path and hit Fearow's wings.

Orion's eyes widened as he realized what had happened. Acting on pure instinct, he grabbed his Ultra Ball and threw it at the Abra who had delivered itself into his lap!

—----------------
Pokemon Details :

Rhyhorn :
Level : 38
Ability : Rock Head
Potential : ?
Item : Hard Stone
Moves : Tackle, Tailwhip, Rock Polish (E), Dig (E), Bulldoze (E), Smack Down (M), Horn attack, Stomp, Rock Blast (E), Drill Run (E)

Machop :
Level : 24
Ability : Guts
Potential : ?
Item : Sitrus Berry
Moves : Low Kick (E), Focus Energy (E), Leer, Bullet Punch (E), Revenge (E), Low Sweep, Knock Off (E), Scary Face, Vital Throw

[A/N: I'll occasionally display Orion's Pokemons and their details in this manner so that you guys can keep track of their progress. Let me know if this is fine.]