Chapter 44 : A New Strategy!

Lying in his bed, Orion thought for several hours. His mind kept visualizing the entire heist and analyzing what he could have done to get even better results.

Seeing how well the entire heist had gone, there wasn't much he could improve. And any improvements he thought of, required him to catch another Pokemon. For instance, he could catch a Flying type Pokemon and spy on the colony from above to get a better idea of the Pokemons inside the colony and where their valuables are hidden. That way, he would know exactly where to strike and where to steal from. It would optimize the entire process and allow him to move even more quickly.

Unfortunately, Orion didn't want to catch a new Pokemon yet. If he decided to catch a Flying type Pokemon now, Orion's only viable choices would be Pidgey and Spearow as they would also be able to carry him on their backs once they evolved into their final forms.

Though Pidgeot was a decent Pokemon, Orion wasn't sure whether he wanted a Normal and Flying type Pokemon in his team. Orion's situation was no longer like it once was, when he was desperate to catch any Pokemon he could get.

He would prefer to explore some other choices like Aerodactyl, Skarmory, Flygon, Archeops, Talonflame and Noivern. If he could get his hands on Pseudo Legendaries like Dragonite, Salamence or Garchomp before he got any of them, then he might not even want to catch one as they would fulfil his requirements.

So, Orion decided to not explore that option and kept thinking of other ways. Finally, he thought of something that made his eyes widen. He chuckled and muttered to himself, 'Dang! How did I miss such an obvious tactic? I am not sure how much safer it'll be, but it'll be damn fun for sure.'

Orion let out a sigh and thought, 'I need to have someone to exchange my ideas with… It'll allow me to discover things that I might have overlooked. But with whom can I do so?'

Orion couldn't think of anyone to do so. The only ones he was close with were Emma, Cedric and some other instructors. However, Emma was too young to know much about these things and she would want to tag along with him. It was a risk he didn't want to take. On the other hand, the instructors would stop him from doing crazy things like those.

The only ones with whom he could discuss these things openly were his Pokemons. Unfortunately, Rhydon wasn't bright, Machoke's brain was obsessed with fighting and Kadabra was very young.

Orion thought, 'I guess once he matures, I can still at least have a few good conversations with him. After all, a grown Kadabra is as intelligent as a normal human. I should be able to exchange ideas with him. Once Kadabra evolves into Alakazam, his intelligence will be several times higher than mine. I could have him take care of the planning. Unfortunately, evolving him will take a long time.

Luckily, the method of evolving Kadabra and the other two doesn't involve trading like in the games. Otherwise, evolving them would have been a big pain in the ass. They evolve once they have grown sufficiently strong to do so. Granted Rhydon and Machoke will need a Protector and Macho Brace respectively to evolve.

Even so, I can't evolve them soon. Evolution is a chance to improve their talent and potential significantly. I didn't have much choice during their first evolutions. Though I got lucky with Abra thanks to Sabrina, the resources for Rhyhorn and Machop weren't sufficient.

When I evolve them into their final forms, I'll ensure that they have the best resources available to them. Otherwise, raising Rhyperior and Machamp to become Champion tier Pokemon would become extremely difficult and reaching the Guardian tier would be out of the question unless a miracle happens…'

Orion yawned as he muttered, "Oh well. I'll start laying the groundwork for my new plan tomorrow."

He quickly fell asleep. The next day, Orion laid down the map that he created on his desk and began finding the spots that might be conducive to his plans. He quickly found a few viable options.

Orion thought, 'The way of stealing valuables from a colony in a less risky way is rather simple. I just need to start wars between two colonies. That will allow me to understand the exact location of each colony and allow me to directly attack and plunder them when they are inadequately defended. I don't even need to wait for a third force to make a move as my Pokemons are sufficiently strong right now.

That said… This tactic has risks of its own. For starters, the Pokemons aren't stupid. They won't brainlessly begin attacking each other. Otherwise, those colonies wouldn't exist in the first place. To make them hate each other, I'll have to injure those Pokemons and make it seem as if they were injured by the other colony. This eliminates most of my options. As a matter of fact, there are only two viable options.

The only issue is, should I make my Pokemons stronger first before trying it?'

Orion's Pokemons were quite strong especially when he stayed and roamed around the Saffron city. However, if he tried to attack the colonies, then he would face several disadvantages.

The biggest disadvantage undoubtedly was the numerical superiority of his opponents. That wasn't something he could cover even if the colony was at war. The other disadvantage was that even though Rhydon had a higher level than the leaders in most of the hives, every hive had several Pokemons that had higher levels than Kadabra and Machoke. It meant that Orion lacked in both, quality and quantity, that is, the level of his Pokemons and the number of Pokemons. His only advantage was his superior tactics.

Orion thought for a bit before deciding, 'I'll wait for a bit. I am not in need of any money now. Though Machoke and Rhydon could use some resources, both have already evolved. There is no hurry to get any resources.

For now, I will focus on levelling my Pokemons first. Levelling up Rhydon would be difficult, but I can raise his Dig and Rock Blast to Master level. Both are very important moves.

For Kadabra, along with levelling up, I need to raise Confusion to Master level and raise Recover to Expert level. I'll also need to raise Psyshock and Psychic to Master level as and when he learns them. If I have time, I should also work on Psycho Cut a bit. Though his physical attack sucks, it's important to have some close-range attacking methods. Thankfully, he seems to be progressing much quicker than the other two even in move mastery.

As for Machoke… Hmm, he's a tough one. His movepool is very limited as compared to Rhydon and Kadabra. The only good moves are Bullet Punch and Knock Off, neither being Fighting type.

His Fighting type moves all have limitations. Low Kick is good only against heavy Pokemons. Revenge and Vital Throw are good for counterattacking rather than attacking. And he has no long or mid-range attack.

I guess I'll invest a bit in TMs for Machoke. I should get Close Combat and Focus Blast for him. Even though his Special Attack is very low, it'll ensure that he isn't a complete no-show when our opponents are at a distance.

Maybe I should also get the Earthquake TM for Rhydon. He learns that move at level 47. Seeing his levelling speed, that might take more than a year! As for Kadabra, I should get Shadow Ball and Foul Play TMs for some additional coverage…

The only issue is that I won't have money for all of them if I don't go on another heist.'

Orion was speechless once again. No matter how he thought, in the end, he somehow always ended up thinking about money!

-----------------------------------
A/N : If you want to, you can support me on Patreon.
Link - www.patreon.com/demigod9
Patreon has 14 additional chapters right now.

Thank you Andrew, Dimitris, T I and Zf for supporting me on Patreon.