Chapter 48 : Harvest!

Even though Golem's Explosion caused a lot of damage, its intended targets weren't harmed at all. Hiding behind Rhydon, Orion sighed while thinking, 'It committed suicide… I was expecting it to use Explosion, but I didn't expect a suicide…'

Explosion and Self-Destruct were extremely dangerous attacks. They were one of the first attacks Orion had researched after entering this world. He didn't want to meet a sudden end just because a Pokemon decided to drag him into the afterlife along with itself.

After researching, he discovered that there were two types of Explosion and Self-Destruct. One was a simple Explosion where the Pokemon performing the attack wouldn't die and would instead just pass out. This explosion was caused just by the Pokemon's energy and hence its power was dependent on how much energy the Pokemon still had left.

The other kind of Explosion and Self-Destruct was where the Pokemon would sacrifice its life and give everything to make the attack as powerful as it could be. Such an attack would be so strong that even a Protect could fail. It was why Orion made Kadabra set up a Reflect first so that it would reduce the power of the attack.

Some respect appeared in the eyes of Orion's Pokemons for the dead Golem's resolve. The energy barrier created by Protect barely managed to withstand the explosion.

Orion sighed in relief while thinking, 'Thankfully I waited until Kadabra and Machoke levelled up some more. Otherwise, they could have been gravely injured even with a Reflect and Protect.'

Without waiting for the dust to settle, Orion said, "Let's continue moving forward. Let's hope that the explosion didn't damage the resources too much…"

Orion and his Pokemons quickly moved to the end of the tunnel and stepped into what was a wide-open area. A large portion of the area had been impacted by the Explosion. The visibility was still quite bad as dust and soil covered the entire area. Fortunately, Rhydon could feel the energy and continued walking towards it.

They finally reached a pit that existed in the ground. Immediately, Orion became excited by what he saw. Despite the area being very dark, he could see several shiny things inside that pit! For some reason, Rhydon became very excited as well. Orion quickly instructed, "Kadabra, teleport everything out. It's time to leave."

"Kadabra"

Kadabra immediately did as asked. Before the Golems, Gravelers and Geodudes could reach them, the group teleported away! Back in the underground room they had created, Orion sighed on seeing how much he had plundered this time.

He muttered, "It's a shame that there wasn't a third colony or even more nearby… We could have created a chain reaction and plundered them all."

"Rhydon!" "Machoke!" "Kadabra!" Orion's three Pokemons enthusiastically nodded in agreement.

Orion chuckled and said, "Oh well, this isn't bad either. Let's pack everything up and return back to the city."

Orion quickly packed everything up. While doing so, he observed several interesting things that he had picked up, especially from the Golem hill.

He quickly left the area and rode back to Saffron City on Rhydon's back. Near the hill, Golems and Dodrios continued to battle. Due to the attack on the hill, the Golems had to divert some of their forces inside the hills, which gave the Dodrios and Doduos some breathing space.

The two sides quickly realized that the Golem hill had been robbed as well! It caused the Dodrios to be confused. They weren't sure whether the Golems were telling the truth or whether they were lying to cut down their losses and wait for the Dodrio's morale to dampen. As a result, they kept attacking.