Chapter 2

"If you use that raspy voice with me again, you may turn me on" Pete remarked with a grin as he turned to look at Kenta standing in the shadow. Kenta chuckled a little, he stepped closer to him and looked at him without saying anything for a while. He was still waiting for Pete to tell him why he didn't respond to his messages after all, and some jokes wouldn't have distracted him.

"Very funny, now tell me why you didn't reply to my messages" Kenta repeated. Pete sighed heavily, he came closer to the bodyguard and grabbed him by the collar of his unbuttoned shirt before gently pushing him away. Despite being a totally different person compared to Tony, he still liked teasing Kenta when he had the opportunity, especially if Kenta was being annoying.

"I thought I made myself clear that day, if you refuse to help me with the matter of Tony's accounts, I don't see why we should continue our cooperation"

"Stop bringing that up. I care about you and you know that I would have helped you if I had knew something about it. I don't get anything in return for hiding something from you, so stop acting like I'm a traitor... you and your friends wouldn't have succeeded without my help" Kenta responded as he was feeling increasingly nervous.

"Oh really? Because I can easily see how someone so close to Tony could steal so much money from him and then help us to get rid of who could become his main enemy. Be honest with me, Kenta... at least for the sake of the feeling that you had for me"

"Don't you dare use that against me again! That is not you... you aren't the person who would use his friend's feelings against them..."

"Then tell me what is really going on. I don't want to believe that staying by Tony's side for all this time changed you to the point to use us only to get rid of him so that you could enjoy his wealth. I want to know the truth... I deserve to know the truth..." Pete responded with a more sincere expression. Kenta sighed heavily, he rubbed his eyes in frustration as he felt the burden on his heart get heavier and heavier.

"I didn't took the money... well... I took something, but it was just a small percentage. I know the person who took the rest, so you can stop your research. He is no mafia boss nor anything like that... trust me, you should really stop looking for the person who took it. You already have enough money to make your company flourish, so there is no need to waste your time" Kenta replied.

"Who is this person? Do I know him? Is it Way? Did he..."

Kenta shook his head and patted his friend's shoulder.

"So... that's the reason. Pete, trust me, money can do a lot of things, but there is no sum high enough to take a person back from the dead. Move on... you could continue your investigation if you want, but I'm sure that you will be disappointed to find the wrong person behind that scheme"