Chapter 11

"Pete? Pete!" Way repeated more and more excited at the thought of seeing him again. He looked around in the corridor, hoping to spot him, but after this first attempt failed, he went downstairs to the receptionist and convinced him to tell him where Pete was. After getting the information he was looking for, Way went back upstairs and found Pete in the corridor. Pete noticed him and tried to get back into his room, but Way grabbed his hand and pulled him closer to hug him.

"W... Way..." Pete murmured. Way said nothing, he cried on Pete's shoulder and hugged him tighter and tighter. Despite how wonderful it felt, Pete tried to push Way away after a while, but the Enigma only hugged him tighter again, refusing to let him go. In the end, Pete decided to ask him why he was acting like that, considering that he seemed so focused on keeping his survival a secret to everyone who knew him.

"I was wrong... I love you... I don't want to stay away from you... but... but I thought that I would have ended up hurting you the same way I did to Babe... and thought that... that.."

"It's alright. You don't have to worry about that, ok?" Pete added. Eventually, they decided to continue their conversation in Way's bedroom, where he felt more at ease compared to a corridor where anyone could interrupt them. When he felt safe enough, he started telling Pete how the plan went and why he did that, and it was pretty much like what Charlie told to Babe.

Pete silently listened to the whole explanation, although he already heard Kenta tell him about that. It just felt so nice to hear him talk again, to see him standing right in front of him. After a while though, Pete noticed something on the desk of Way's room. There were some letters, all bearing the same name: Mark. He didn't dare to ask who that person was, Way, on the other hand, noticed that Pete was feeling slightly uncomfortable about those letters, so he throw it into a bin.

"Nothing to worry about, Pete, just a few letters I wrote for you using a pseudonym" Way said.

"For me? May I read them?" Pete asked.

"No! I mean... I wrote them because I was in pain but there is no reason to read them now since I can open up to you directly, right?" Way responded.

"Way, if they are letters from someone who wanted to flirt with you I won't blame you, I mean... you knew I thought you were dead, so it is normal you tried to start a new life" Pete replied, but Way didn't like the sad tone in his voice, so he decided that I was better to tell the truth.

"You actually know him..." Way started.

"What?"

"Yes... Tony had some... business partners. Mark is one of them... he wanted to save what was left of Tony's business, and as you can imagine, he wasn't exactly pleased when he found out that Kenta and I stole most of his fortune while you were dismantling all his schemes... to be honest, I don't know why I kept them. This letters arrived just a few days after Tony's death, when I was still in the capital city... I just thought it was better to keep them as evidence" Way explained.