Chapter 18

"It is too easy. Do you really believe that he will let you go as easily as he will let you enter his house? Don't be ridiculous, Pete, it is an obvious trap" Way said as he got more and more irritated at the thought of Pete getting so close to danger because of someone else. At the same time though, he knew that Pete would have done anything to save Kenta. A part of Way felt guilty, as that part of his soul was also willing to sacrifice Kenta for Pete's safety.

"I know that it is risky, but it is the only way to get information from him. We may rescue Kenta, but we also need something to frame Mark if we want to make sure that he won't threaten us in the future. Unless you have a better solution..." Pete responded.

"Kill him..." Kim added. The initial shock after seeing Way alive was long gone, and now he simply wanted to rescue Kenta and apologize for acting like that for such a long time. Way smirked a little after hearing Kim's idea, while Pete seemed way more disappointed. Way nodded to Kim and supported his plan, leaving Pete the only one to prefer a more subtle approach.

"We can't just go there and kill him. We need proofs of his illegal activities so that we can force him to stop his business"

"Don't you understand that world, Pete? Mark is as corrupt as Tony. Do you think that Tony would have stopped just because of a scandal? No... they know the right people. Tony would have solved your mess in a few years and would have continued his activities one way or another. Trust me, Pete, there is no other way"

"We have to choose the right path... we shouldn't get to their same low level, only because..." Pete tried to respond, but Kim interrupted him.

"For God's sake, Kenta killed for you! He saved you, protected you, and this is what you do to thank him? You leave him to that Mark dude just because you're afraid to get your hands dirty?"

"Are you talking about me or about yourself, Kim? We will rescue Kenta, and only if it becomes necessary then we will kill who crosses our path, but only if necessary... I'm not going to pay a hitman and become like Tony, if that's what you were thinking"

"Fine... if you manage to take him home after your visit to Mark, then it's alright... otherwise I won't discuss my next move again" Kim replied and left the room. Pete sighed and picked his gun from a drawer of the desk. Way was increasingly worried, but before he could say anything, a secretary entered the office and left a plan on the desk.

"What is that?" Way asked.

"A planimetry of Mark's house, or at least the official one deposited in the city's archive. If he didn't change anything, at least I will have a proper understanding of my surroundings"