Chapter 12

Pete rapidly convinced Way to come back with him to the capital, knowing that it was easier to protect him if he was by his side. When they arrived at Pete's apartment, Pete called Kenta, informing him that he managed to take Way back to the city and that they needed to talk about some problems from the past. Kenta was quite confused, since Way admitted on their way back that he didn't tell him anything about Mark research.

"I'm so glad that you're back" Kenta said as he saw Way in the living room, however he rapidly noticed that the Enigma looked a little uncomfortable. Kenta turned to Pete, waiting for him to say something to clear that out.

"Before we talk about anything else... Kenta, you're the only one besides us that knows that Way is here in the city. We've seen that Charlie, no matter how loyal he can be, still has a weak spot for Babe, so it would be an unnecessary danger"

"Yeah... nice way to say that since I don't have a boyfriend it is more difficult to force me to talk" Kenta said sarcastically.

"You know I didn't mean it like that. We aren't here to talk about that though. A certain Mark sent several letters to Way a few days after Tony's death. He knows about your operation to steal Tony's money and we have to assume that since he sent the letters he obviously thinks that Way is still alive. Is there anything else you know about this person?" Pete asked.

"Mark huh? I've seen him sometimes having lunch with Tony... he seemed quite a kind person, however I don't know what his role was. It was obvious that they had some sort of cooperation going on, otherwise Tony wouldn't have spent so much time with him, but I don't know. Maybe you should check the company's accounts, you may find something" Kenta replied after a long silence.

"Alright... we will think about something tomorrow, go home, Kenta..." Pete added after a while.

"I actually can st-" Kenta started, but noticing Pete sudden change of expression, he stopped and changed his sentence to "Yeah I don't feel that good, I should definitely head back home" and he left.

"Pete, do you mind if I take a shower?" Way asked.

"Not at all, I'll prepare something for dinner in the meanwhile" Pete replied with a genuine smile. Way smiled back, then the smile turned into something a little more mischievous as he came closer to the CEO. He ran his hand on Pete's chest and said:

"Keep your eyes on the food, I don't like the smell of burnt meat" Way then walked to the bedroom, he grabbed his clothes from the bag he carried from the hotel and then went to the bathroom, leaving the door slightly open, wondering if Pete would have dared to look at him or not.

Despite all the attempts made to seduce him, Pete remained calm. He prepared the food, took it to the dining room and waited for Way to arrive. A part of Way wanted to try harder, asking to sleep in Pete's room, but after a little thinking, he realized that Pete was quite the opposite from Babe, he would have never crossed the line so easily... how did he fall in love with two people so different from one another?