Chapter 15

"So, when will we meet Mark?" Kenta asked coldly as the kidnapper took him and Kim to a bedroom as they arrived at their destination. While Kenta was doing his best to act like he wasn't scared nor intimidated, Kim was finding it incredibly difficult to stay calm: he couldn't believe that Kenta not only didn't help him when he needed him, but also lied to him like that. A part of him was scared to share a room with the former bodyguard, as he now looked like someone he didn't even know at all.

"It is too late now, you will meet him tomorrow during breakfast. You better make yourselves presentable when I'll come back to take you to him. You will find some clothes in the closet. Have a good night" the driver replied, locked the door and left before Kenta could ask him anything else.

Tony's former henchman sighed heavily and turned to Kim, wondering how bad that revelation could impact on their already disastrous relationship. Kim glared at him and turned away as soon as Kenta tried to make eye contact.

"Kim, it isn't what it looks like. I had to do it..."

"Kenta, I don't want to listen to you. It is always like this, you always do something because you're forced to do it. Do you think that anyone would want to spend their life with you if you don't even have control over your own decisions?" Kim interrupted him. He took a blanket from the closet and a pillow from the bed, he put them on the floor and prepared to go to sleep.

"You can sleep on the bed..." Kenta added.

"I prefer the floor"

"Don't be ridiculous, Kim... sleep on the bed, come on"

"Oh, I actually prefer a cold, hard floor. I've got so used to it when thanks to your non existent help I slept on a concrete floor for days in Tony's basement!" Kim replied.

At that point Kenta preferred to ignore that attempt to start another argument. He looked around inside the room trying to find something useful. He took a chair and used it to break a window. Kim turned to him perplexed, already hearing the noise of the guards rushing to impede their escape.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Kim shouted.

"You said that I didn't help you, right? Well, I'll do it now" Kenta pushed Kim out of the window and jumped outside. He helped Kim climb the outside wall of the garden, and when Kim was on the top of it, waiting for Kenta to join him, he saw Kenta run to the guards.

"No!"

"Go!" Kenta shouted.

Knowing that there was not much he could do on his own, Kim ran away, hearing the guards beat Kenta up for his failed attempt. The only thing he could do to help him now, was get to Pete and inform him of the situation.