Chapter 5

After Way died, Babe started going to his grave every week. Charlie obviously went with him, he wasn't going to let his boyfriend suffer without having his soulmate by his side, however his attitude towards that weekly appointment changed rather quickly. The first few weeks Charlie simply patted his boyfriend's back as he cried his eyes out, but after a while he started feeling like Way didn't deserve so much mourning, so the third week he simply stood still by Babe.

By the fourth week, Babe changed too. Instead of just crying, he started cursing Way's name for leaving before he could blame for what he did to him. The following week Charlie didn't even bother getting off the car. At first he kept the car window open to keep an eye on Babe in the distance, but he quickly got bored and scrolled on his phone until his boyfriend was back after venting for a while.

Charlie knew everything. He didn't need to talk to Babe to know that he had mixed feelings about Way's death. He knew that his little heart broke after Way tried to rape him and that even death wasn't enough to put it back together. However Charlie couldn't just confront Babe, he knew that he was still too emotional and feared that he would end up saying more than what he intended to.

"Should I... let him go?" Babe asked as he came back to the car.

"If it will make you feel better, then yes, let him go. If you think that he deserves it, then the answer is no. However, I can't tell you what to do, Babe, I can just tell you what I would do if I were you" Charlie responded as he kissed him gently on his cheek.

"A part of me just hopes that he rots in an abyss..." Babe added.

"I'm sure that his soul will suffer wherever he is..." Charlie replied. No matter how hard he tried to convince himself, Way's sacrifice didn't seem enough to pay back for what he did to his beloved Babe. The mere thought that they were friends only angered him more.

The conversation died there, and for some reason both of them remained silent for the rest of the day. When it was time to go to sleep, Babe kissed Charlie's forehead and closed his eyes. Babe fell asleep quite fast, while Charlie didn't. It wasn't like he couldn't fall asleep because of insomnia, his eyes felt heavy and he surely would have loved a good night sleep, but how could he sleep well while he heard Babe complain in his sleep, crying and begging, sometimes reliving Way's betrayal, sometimes his redemption.

"Shit... I... I'm sorry Charlie... I'll go sleep on the couch, I don't want to wake you up again..." Babe said when he woke up in the middle of the night. Charlie smiled and shook his head, he moved Babe's sweaty hair from his forehead and tried to make him go back to sleep. Babe hugged him instead and started crying.

"I'm sorry... I should only think about you and instead... please... I'm sorry... it's just... it's just that..."

Charlie couldn't handle it anymore. He knew what he had to say to finally put an end to that circle of pain, but he wasn't sure he was ready to pronounce those words.

"I'm such a terrible boyfriend..." Babe added.

"He's alive" Charlie said coldly.

"I shouldn't have cherished every moment we are together.."

"He's alive" Charlie repeated, as it was obvious that Babe didn't catch it the first time.

"What are you talking about?" Babe asked as he pushed Charlie away to look at him in the eyes.

"Way... I helped him... he's alive"