~Ep 19: Presentation ✨

...At night...

-----Taehyung's pov-----

Going to bed and snuggling within the comforting embrace of my sheet, a sudden pang was engulfing me ...The words I had uttered seemed to hang in the air...

"Aisshhh!!!!!
I shouldn't have said those words!" I muttered to myself, feeling a wave of embarrassment washing over me.

In the flickering reel of memory, I found myself back in that crucial moment.
If only I could turn back time, rewind the moment and swallow those words before they escaped my lips.

-----Flashback-----

"What did you just say???" Nuna's instant piercing question, demanding an answer that I wasn't prepared to give.

I glanced at Y/n's unreadable expression. How could I have been so foolish to let those words slip past my lips?

"I mean how can y/n and I are???? We are batchmates, moreover she has different titles and different parents. Therefore scientifically we are not ..."
I said and attempted to diffuse the tension with a nervous laugh, but Nuna being nuna, at first her keen gaze told me she saw through my face. And then she chuckled which had provided a fleeting moment of slight relief to me, a temporary shield against the awkwardness of my words.

"Gosh!!! Bro, since when did you become so scientific?" she teased, a hint of amusement or something else in her voice.

It wasn't Nuna's reaction that troubled me. No!! it was the presence of Y/N in my mind that tormented me.

What is she thinking now about me??? It has only been few days that we are now on good terms...
Ughhhh!!! No!!!! I don't want her to think anything ...

I shrugged off Nuna's question with a small grin, and stealing a glance at Y/n, whose thoughtful expression only fueled my discomfort.

"Let's go!" I said playfully and with that I started walking, in a hope that my casual manner would convince them that my words were merely a jest, a fleeting moment of misguided humor!

But deep down, the echo of my words lingered in the air, a reminder of the fragility of the words and the weight of unspoken truths.

-----End of flashback-----

As I lay there, I was lost in thoughts of her, memories of Y/N!!!!...
mmm.... I don't know, but the more I spend time with her the more I want it... the way she smiles, the way she acts, her keen eyes... It's that, her whole aura is captivating...

Our shared moments flooded my mind like a heavy yet pleasing downpour. The way she barged into the room today to help me out, our hiding spot, then eating the ice cream together... And making bouquets together ...was so much fun ..... her infectious laughter echoing off the walls, and the simple joy we had found in each other's company filled my heart, unknowingly a smile made its way on my face ...

But amidst the warmth of those memories, a chill of doubt crept in. Did she feel the same way? Or Was I just another face in the crowd to her? Or did she too harbor secret desires beneath her stoic exterior?

I shook my head, trying to vanish the doubts that threatened to consume me. But I couldn't shake the feeling of longing that gripped my heart whenever she was near.

"Will Y/N ever feel this way towards me?" I whispered to the empty room, the words hanging in the air. But deep down, I knew that the answer lay not in her actions, since she doesn't behave that way, unlike other girls who would be trying to find reasons to talk to me .... click photos, always be near and so on.....
But in my own willingness, I was in hope of it! If one day she will!!!