5. You killed him

Alright I would've updated earlier but my computer was being mean and not letting me into wattpad so sorry.

Cody's POV

I pretended to be focused on the game in front of me as he leaned in and began to whisper in her ear again. Is it bad that I really wanted to laugh? She looked about ready to snap his neck, and I got to tell you it is highly amusing for me. I mean come on ever since she got here she's been stirring up trouble, from the plane (I am never flying again) to this casino where she claims to have a little arrangement with the owner's son. Oh yeah and then Chase goes and puts her in charge! What hell was he thinking? I'm going to have a strongly worded conversation with him later.

I watch as another hand is dealt around the table. I see her stand out of the corner of my eye but pay no mind. I turn my full attention to the game when suddenly I feel her kick me, hard. I ignore her, she's probably going to go off on me later anyway for saying I'm her boyfriend. Is it bad that I was actually trying to help her? Last time I do that.

***

"Where is Thirteen?" Jason's voice breaks me out of my thoughts and brings my attention back to the mission, for the moment anyway.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?" I retort quietly so no one at the table hears me. It would look strange if I was seemingly talking to myself.

"Well you were sitting with her." Devin comments.

"No shit Sherlock," Jason remarks back.

"Enough," says Chase "Cody, when did you last see her?"

"When she got up and left," I reply.

"Wow. You do realize how stupid that sounds right? We just asked you where she was and your brilliant response was 'I don't know but she got up and left', obviously she left, she's not here!" Devin practically yells through the earpiece.

"You know what-"

"Did she tell you where she was going?" Chase interrupts.

"No, all she did was kick me." I snap back.

"I wonder why," Jason says, sarcasm seeping into this voice.

"Arguing isn't going to find her," Devin says in a sing-song voice.

"Devin, quit trying to help." Chase scolds.

"Yeah Devin quit-"

"Jason, I swear if you or Devin open your mouth one more time, you're both going to be sitting at the house for the remainder of this mission." Chase all but shouts, effectively cutting off Jason and, almost, silencing Devin.

"You said Thirteen was in charge." He mocks. Thanks for reminding me, Devin.

"Yeah about you putting Thirteen in charge" I start only to be interrupted by Chase.

"Don't start this now Cody, and Devin...shut up." I open mouth to retort only to be cut off yet again.

"As amusing as it is listening to all of you fight over me, I'm going to have to ask all of you to shut up, you're giving me a headache." Comments Thirteen.

"Where the hell are you? And why did you mute your earpiece?" I snap at her.

"One, I was being dragged by gunpoint to a very fancy suite, thank you, Cody, for ignoring my kick to your shins I'm thinking of doing it again," she says sarcastically, "and two, I got tired of hearing your voices." I can almost picture her shrugging, almost.

"You didn't answer the first question."

"Top floor third door on the left." She replies, "Oh and take the stairs."