11. I had quite a few grenades

Cody's POV

"This isn't going to work." I hiss at her and she just rolls her eyes.

"I can see that."

"Maybe we can just go around?" Devin suggests. I give him a deadpan look.

"Go around the freaking sixty guards!" I whisper-yell at him.

"Please, there's only like forty." Thirteen retorts.

"That's thirty-nine too many. You never told us it would be this hard to get into one warehouse."

"How was I supposed to know that this one has double the guards as the one we did yesterday." She snaps back.

"We could try going in through the roof," Jason interjects. She gives him the most bored look I've ever seen.

"Yes that's a fantastic idea, find a wall to climb, start climbing, and get shot, since you know there's no place to hide on freaking wall." She bites back sarcastically and he glares back at her.

"Well let's hear some of your bright ideas then Sunshine." He retorts.

"Someone could cause a distraction and everyone else runs in."

"There are forty guards. How in the hell is someone supposed to distract all forty?" I question and she shrugs.

"Find a way." She mutters.

"Why don't you find a way."

"We could try to play it off like we're part of their group." Chase pipes up.

"I'm not sure that'll work."

"Uh, Cody?"

"Well we can try to see if there's a window we can get in through."

"It's a warehouse... there are no freaking windows."

"Chase?"

"Well this one could have windows."

"Not likely."

"Any more bright ideas?"

"Um, Jason?"

"No I got nothing."

"Same here."

"Hey! One of you idiots." I clap a hand over Devin's mouth.

"Shut up, you're going to give us away." I hiss. "Now what do you want?" Instead of answering he lifts his arm and points. We all turn to look at where he's pointing.

"Oh hell." Jason murmurs and Chase facepalms.

"You know this is technically your fault." Devin whisperers to me. "I mean you kind of dared her."

"Oh shut up." My eyes are trained on Thirteen who is walking right up to a few of the guards. Does she have a death wish?

"Hey what's she holding?" Jason questions quietly.

I glance at her hands which she holds behind her back, an object nestled safely in them.

"I don't think I like where this is going," Devin mutters.

"Cody hand me a set of binoculars will ya?" I pass Chase one of the three sets we brought along with us.

"It's a grenade." He finally says after a moment of silence."

"Oh yeah man! Shit's about to get real!"

"Shut up!" we all whisper yell at Devin in unison. My eyes travel back to Thirteen who seems to be talking to the guard.