17. What didn't she do

Cody's POV

"Cody! Cody! Get up!" My eyes snap open as I'm shaken awake by Jason.

"What's going on?" I ask, my vision still adjusting to the bright lights in my room.

"It's Thirteen," Jason mutters.

"What did she do this time?" I grumble, as I sit up and wipe my hands over my face.

"More like what didn't she do." He replies. "I don't know how she did it and personally I don't care to know but she pissed him off. We've been trying to get them to stop fighting but it's not happening any time soon. You're damn lucky your mom left to get groceries before this happened." I groan following him out of the room and down the stairs quickly. Chase comes running up.

"I quit." he says, "I tried, ok, I tried really hard but they're really laying it into each other."

Thirteen's fighting with Devin? That doesn't make any sense.

I walk in and spot Devin immediately, he's...sitting on the floor in the far corner...with a bowl of popcorn in his lap.

Who the hell is she fighting with?

I begin scanning for her and just barely make it out of the way as she runs past with my brother chasing after her.

What. The. Hell?

He swings at her and she backflips away from him. He swings again and she blocks it with her arm. He lunges at her and she dodges just in time.

"Hey Stop!" I yell out, but it doesn't work, they continue fighting each other, moving in every direction around the room.

Suddenly he's able to hit her, and he gets her good. There's a cracking sound as blood gushes from her nose, she dodges quickly before he can hit her a second time. I yell out again for them to stop.

"Hayden! Stop!"

"Oh shit," Jason mutters.

I turn back to them, panic setting in as they continue at each other. But I notice something as I watch them fight. Thirteen isn't fighting back at all. She's only dodging Hayden's blows.

"Thirteen isn't even fighting." Chase comments.

"Noticed," I reply. "We have to get them apart."

"How?"

"You and Jason try to get Hayden to stop as soon as you get the chance, I'll do the same with Thirteen," I answer and turn my full attention back to the fight.

I watch in horror as his fist connects with her jaw and she loses her balance, falling over. He's on top of her in a split second, throwing punch after punch after punch, yet she still does nothing to fight back, only throws her hands up in front of her face trying to block his blows.

"Hayden!" I shout as I run towards him with both Chase and Jason in tow. Even Devin abandons his popcorn in an effort to help pull Hayden away from Thirteen.

Jason, Chase, and Devin effectively pull Hayden up and away from Thirteen. I move towards her, as she stumbles to her feet.

"Are you okay?" I ask her as I grab hold of her arms helping her to her feet. My eyes scanning over her face assessing her injuries. Her nose is most likely broken, the left side of her jaw is beginning to bruise, and there's a small cut on her left cheek.

"Obviously." she retorts. I turn towards Hayden.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I roar, he just ignores me as he continues glaring daggers at Thirteen. I take a step towards him, my fist clenching. A firm hand grips my shoulder, halting me in my tracks.