18. Yeah one flaw with your brilliant plan

Thirteen's POV

I braid my hair as I descend the stairs, folder tucked under my arm, and make my way towards the living room.

I walk by the boys who are all crowded in the kitchen, yelling at Devin to quit trying to cook.

I stand in the hallway watching for a while before Devin notices me. He smiles and waves before elbowing Cody and whispering something to him with a devious look on his. Cody swings at him and Devin cracks up. Cody's eyes meet mine.

Ok then.

I gesture with my hand for him to follow, as well as the rest of them. I make my way to the spare dining room. I vaguely remember Devin telling me they only used this one for large crowds of people. They all enter one after the other. Devin still with his smug and devious smile on his face.

I pull a picture out of the folder I brought and place it in the middle of the table.

"Yes, we came to Cody's because it's safer, no that was not the only reason." I start as I point to the picture.

"Oh, you're finally going to share information with us?" Jason mutters, my glare turns icy, and I continue on as if I didn't hear him.

"How do you get at someone if not physically?" I ask.

"Emotionally." Chase answers.

"Exactly." My attention turns to the picture on the table, "This is Zack Martin, Tony's eldest son. He attends college in this area"

"I didn't know he had any kids," Cody says as he reaches over and takes the picture in his hands.

"He has two sons," I reply. "And in some sick way, he actually cares about them. Probably because of his wife."

"What happened to his wife?" Devin asks.

I let out a sigh. "She was a good woman, nothing like Tony. But when the Split happened, she had to make a choice. Stand with her husband and children, or stand with the agency."

"She went with Tony," Cody grumbled in annoyance, already convinced of this.

"No actually." His bewildered gaze meets my eyes. "She stood with the agency, she stood against him." They all stare at me in surprise.

"Not many people would do that," Jason says.

"Like I said, she was a good woman."

"How did she die?" Chase questions.

"She died in the fire."

"I thought you lit it after all the good guys were out," Cody says.

"I did, she ran back in."

"Why?"

"Cause there was one person left in the building, and she ran in and saved their lives, but she died in the hospital week later."

"Who did she go back in to save?"

"The fire had to be started from the outside in. Someone had to make sure the fire was spread."

"She went back in to save you," Cody whispers.

"It was supposed to be a one-way trip. Obviously, that didn't happen."

Everyone stares at me, I clear my throat and grab some papers from the folder.

"Tony took his sons with him during the Split, and no one ever heard from them again. But I did some digging and I found Zack. Every year Tony throws a party for his sons at his house, that's the only time he's ever home. We need to get invited to that party."