24. I really don't like stalkers

Hey sorry about the long wait. I've been really busy what with Christmas coming up so fast. Speaking of Christmas...

Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Or whatever other holiday it is you celebrate! For me it's Christmas.

Thirteen's  POV

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" I look up to meet Jason's eyes, the look he's giving says he doesn't actually give a shit about my answer.

"No," I state calmly but firmly. I get the feeling that I'm not going to like this conversation. I raise my water bottle up to my lips, taking a drink.

"Cody likes you and wants to know why you don't like him back." I remove my water bottle from my lips as I stare back at him blankly.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that," I state.

"That's not an answer."

"I didn't hear a question."

"Why don't you like Cody?" He asks, his tone irritated.

"I thought he was gay," I reply flatly. He gives me a look.

"You thought he was gay?" he asks disbelievingly.

"Well he and Devin spend so much quality time together." I retort sarcastically. He gives me a deadpan look. "Unless of course, you're the gay one who's jealous." He scowls at me.

"I'm not gay." he grits out.

"You're in denial."

"I'm not-" he stops himself and pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration. "Just answer the damn question."

"I have too much pride and dignity to answer a question like that."

"What the hell does pride and dignity got to do with this?" he pauses. "Unless of course, you're just stalling because you didn't even know."

"Of course I knew. I'm not an idiot, but I'm not looking for anything either. I don't want nor need a boyfriend." I retort.

"So you're just afraid."

"Afraid of what exactly?"

"Falling in love."

"No," I state calmly, my tone deadly. "I'm not afraid of falling in love. But he should be." I turn away from him, giving him the message that this conversation is over, I hear his retreating footsteps, and I hear another set of footsteps approach.

"Well hello there." I look up at the teenager swaying on his feet and holding two drinks in his hands. "You're really pretty." he slurs.

"And you are really drunk," I tell him before turning away from him, I see Zack walking up. The guy sits down next to me. I scoot away from him.

"I brought you a drink." he holds out the plastic cup to me.

"Thanks," I reply, sarcasm lacing my voice.

"She's with me," Zack announces as soon as he's close enough.

"I think that's for her to decide." The other guy slurs.

Zack grabs him by the front of his shirt. "What part of she's mine did you clearly not understand?" He growls out. I glare daggers into the side of his head. I'm not a freaking object.

I barely even register Zack's fist colliding with the other guy's face. In seconds, it's an all-out fight. I roll my eyes an glare at them in irritation as everyone else starts to gather round, shouting out different incomprehensible things.