34. What are you doing

So sorry! I meant to update so much sooner but ended up getting sick and being forced to make up a bunch of work for school.

And shout out to @littlebean88 for the cool cover!

Enjoy!!!

Thirteen's POV

"Thirteen?!" I see a hand waving in front of my face. "Hello! Earth to Thirteen!" I catch Jason's hand before it waves in my face again.

"You totally spaced out." He says, yanking his hand out of my grasp in the process.

"I'm fine," I mutter dejectedly as I take a sip of my tea. Chase walks into the kitchen and looks at me.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" He questions.

I simply shake my head in response. After that phone call, I had a hard time focusing on anything, much less sleep.

I was on my guard all last night, jumping at the slightest sound. I've neglected to inform Chase that I nearly killed him last night when he got up to use the restroom.

Just like I've neglected to tell any of them about their personal files being stolen from the agency...though Devin already knows that anyway.

I move my food around on my plate as a sleepy Zack makes his entrance.

"How are you all up this early?" He questions as he stretches.

"It's eight o'clock Zack," I mutter, the familiar cold and blank expression making its way back on to my face.

"Exactly, too early." He stresses, taking a seat next to me in the process. "Nothing important ever happened before eleven-thirty in the morning, therefore I shouldn't have to get up before then."

"I'm fairly certain your birth certificate says you were born at ten-thirty in the morning." I pause as I take another sip "Huh, I guess you're right, nothing important did happen."

"Very funny." He mutters dryly as he glares at me. He nudges me when he notices I've zoned out again. "You ok."

I look up at him, meeting his eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine," I say simply, I feel Devin and Chase's stare boring into the side of my head.

I clear my throat. "Where's Cody?" I ask. My voice sounding loud considering everyone else has gone silent.

"He's in his room," Devin responds after a moment of silence.

"Great, thanks." It's about time I retrieved something that belongs to me.

I stand from my seat and place my plate in the sink after scraping off the leftover food into the trash can.

"What's up with her?" I hear Chase ask when they think I'm out of earshot.

"Why do you look at me when you ask that question?" I hear Zack's accusing tone.

"Why do you assume I'm looking at you?" Chase counters.

"Because your eyes are burning a damn hole in my head."

"We don't trust you." Devin chimes in.

"What?" Zack questions.

"We. Don't. Freaking. Trust. You." Jason adds. "Would you like me to spell it out for you?"

"Yes please do." Zack grits out sarcastically.

"Do you want another bullet hole?" Jason asks in warning