♡1

1451
South Korea, Busan

Being gay was not acceptable at this time of year.

Soldier Jeon, didn't believe in love at least that's what he believed.

His teammates were very well aware that he was not a man of love. Jungkook despises his parents. When he was a kid he looked up to them, but the older he got he started growing hatred towards them. His parents were abusive to him, and that's why he decided to become a soldier and bring peace to his country.

Jungkook stood by the entrance of the training base. He walked back and forth watching the recruits train and practice shooting guns.

"STOP!" he yelled.

The recruits had immediantly stopped and faced their backup leader, Jeon Jungkook. Jungkook had stopped pacing and stood in front of the recruits who were standing in a horizontal line. "I have been informed by our team captain that we have a mission in Australia in 5 months. In these 5 months, train and prepare for anything. That is all!" he said with both arms behind his back. "Yes sir!" the recruits yelled. They immediately went back to their training. Jungkook headed inside the building and walked over to their team captain's office. He knocked on the door before entering waiting for the invitation to come in. "Come in" he heard from inside the office. He turned the doorknob and walked into the office room. "Sir, I just had to ask something important," Jungkook said closing the door and walking to take a seat in front of the desk.

"What kind of question, Jeon?" the man replied bringing a lighter to the end of the cigarette tip. "It's about Australia, sir" he paused then continued. "Is there a reason why we're told to head to Australia in a few months? I thought they were more important things to do. Like train the new recruits and teach them how to survive in a war"

"Jeon, a big war is coming. And yes, they should be trained before a big war. But the solider's in Australia need our help and we're going to help them. But also, taking a break from training would be good." Soojin said. Jungkook's eyes grew with anger. "Taking a break?! There is no time for breaks, sir! We have to be prepared for anything!" he argued slamming his hands on the desk. "Jeon! Do not raise your voice at me! We have no option but to go! The soldiers in Australia can give the recruits some advice and help train them. Those soldiers are strong and we have to take this opportunity." Soojin replied.

Jungkook stared with a deadly glare.

He turned around and walked away leaving the room and heading out of the building.

Jungkook was not a soldier to take breaks. He was very serious.

He decided to take a walk outside in the nearby village. His anger just kept building up inside of him. He scoffed to himself, all he wanted to do was bring peace to his country...to the world. People from the village were everywhere. They were walking past or up ahead. In the distance, Jungkook saw little kids stealing food. He didn't bother stopping them. The children's clothes were dirty and ripped, they had no shoes. They were poor and didn't have anyone to rely on. All those kids could do was steal to live.

Jungkook kept moving forward minding his own business. Just in the distance, he had heard someone call his name. "Mr. Jeon!" a woman yelled gaining his attention. Jungkook stopped in his tracks and turned around to face the woman who was now running towards him. "Mr Jeon, it's so good to see you!" the woman said. Though Jungkook just stared annoyingly.

Most of the village women would try to seduce him but for some reason, he never felt interested. It's like he wasn't into women or maybe just these crazy ones.

"What do you want?" he replied crossing his arms.

The women blushed and looked down. "Well, I was wondering if you're free tonight? My parents are making your favorite dish for dinner and I was wondering if you'd like to join us and we could–" Before she could finish she had looked up and noticed Jungkook already walking far away. She sighed and turned around to leave. "Why is he like this?" she thought to herself.

Jungkook had bought himself some bread and ate it on his way to his favorite spot. He sat down on a rock and stared at the lovely view. He bent down and picked up some small rocks tossing them up and down in his hands. He stared deeply into the pond wondering what it would be like to be free from all these wars. Memories slowly started coming back to him of his abusive parents. He remembered how they would beat him up with belts and throw glass at him. His eyes widened and he threw the small rocks into the pond.

Tears started forming but before they could fall he quickly wiped them away. He stared into the distance wishing his parents would be proud of him for once. He thought that when he came home he'd receive hugs and kisses from his parents. But those were just dreams. He knew it would never happen in reality. He'd never return home to someone waiting for him at the front door and kiss him and hug him when he entered the house. That was the only thing that the younger version of him wanted.

END OF CHAPTER 1