8

Vaisali's pov:

I am trying so hard to control my laughter, these two idiots of my friends are doing it again!

"No it's not"

"Yes it is" I clench my eyes shut at their exaggerated remarks.

"Oh really? Let's google it!" The cat fight ends with em going on a search hunt on google for the correct lyrics of one of Taylor Swift's songs, these two are never good at maintaining silence in room. Suji always sings wrong lyrics despite knowing they are wrong and puppy often corrects all the while aware that the faulty singer doesn't appreciate it.
"See" Puppy chuckles

"I did sing this" Suji points at the screen adjusting her round glasses

"You can fool anyone but not me suzzyyy" Puppy laughs cupping her mouth "Admit that you are wrong"

"Whatever, my song, my lyrics,my wish"

"Narcissistic ass"

"Either you two stop the nonsense?
or simply get out of the room" I shout
They both quite down and lays in puppy's bed with legs tangled and eyes busy on a random reel on Instagram.
I sigh and went back to studying the bioinformatics. Today's a Sunday so no college.

"Karthik is calling" Puppy says "Okay" She puts the call on speaker while bringing it towards my bed. "Say it karthik" She sits beside me

"What are the plans for next week?" I look at puppy in confusion

"Have you not planned?" I ask him

"No, the agri products we are making are not selling well. We have to make products which bring us lot of profits"

"Have you talked to the unit manager?"

"Sudiksha did, mam prohibited only meat. So we can cook whatever we want"

"Wow we can make pani puri?" Puppy jumps into the conversation

"Yes we can prasanna"  Karthik chuckles

"Okay, give me few minutes" We end the call "What do you think?" Puppy smirks

"I have a better plan"

"And it is?"

"Profits are easy when we sell what's not available in our canteen" I shook my head "Who will buy sweet corn masala and water melon Juice everyday?" She pouts

What is she saying is right, profits gives me grades but what about the time? I can't waste it like this, I should study at least six hours a day to crack a seat in a big university through JRF exam. My heart isn't letting me do this but grades are very important for JRF exam , I am getting mad. Our unit manager will never guide us but shows her interest while making our PR. I can't risk grades or time. Moreover only I know how to cook in the unit, it's not our home for members to adjust to whatever the taste I give to food. Food marketing runs on taste and hygiene. I huff, I can't give up on any thing.

"Okay" I sigh,  for the next thirty minutes we discuss the items we have to prepare for the next six days. Most of em include street food of south and north India. I have no heart on experimenting new recipes, it's a matter of five months.
"So this way we are serving heavy foods thrice a week and healthy juice on the rest of the week" I nod, puppy doesn't seem convinced but it's not alone my duty to cook right? I can't work six days like a labour on fields to get nothing out of this, no knowledge or income.

"Discuss with those two also" I resume my studying after sending her off to her own bed.

"Please add crispy corn to the list" I nod , we have prepared long list of foods apart from week's plan.