19

Vaisali's pov :

It's been a year since I started living in delhi doing masters in plant science. A whole 365 days without vikram, we talk thrice or twice a week given my busy academic schedule, moreover vikram don't want to disturb me, at least for this one year.

Today is 17th of June, which means he is coming delhi to meet me in person, and I can't wait anymore. It's just five in the morning, and I'm sitting before my study table trying to be calm.
My roommate nish, from mumbai, is snoring like hell, this is another reason why I don't sleep for long. Sighing I resume my work leaving my phone on flight mode.

Around 7.30 I get off the wooden chair to take a bath, after dressing up in a violet chikankari kurti and white plazo I left my dorm room to eat something in the mess. Ofcourse north Indian food sucks. Post breakfast I wait for an auto outside the dormitory.

"Where to mam?"

"Airport" I sit beside a teen boy, seems like he is going to take an exam.

I slip back into my anticipated thoughts of us meeting after twelve months. I can't believe we are going to stay here for the coming four years, until I'm done with my phd. I'm excited as hell, I can't wait to step into our heaven, which has vikram in it. Only he and me.
"Stop here few seconds please! " The auto slowed down before a flower shop "I will be back in a minute, sorry" I apologize to the boy sitting with
fidgety limbs.

There are many options inside the shop but the thing is, I don't know much about vikram's likes and dislikes so I am going with basic, pink and white roses. Paying the bill i literally run back only to see empty road, what the heck. Auto left without me?

Maybe that teen is in too hurry and offered to pay on my behalf, but they shouldn't have done this, how can they leave me like this alone on road under the sun. I look at my watch and realise I have spent twenty minutes inside the flower shop, understandable why they left me without any intimation.

Forgetting the little betrayal by the auto driver and that teen freak I wait for another auto, it took ages for one to stop and take me to my man.
I run inside the airport, it's 9.40 already, he might be coming out of the plane.

Among many brown faces from Andhra pradesh i spot his flawless fair beautiful visage, he has his brown leather back pack on and a medium sized trolly bag in one hand. Just like me he is also searching for me, spotting me among many delhi folks he grins and runs my way. Taking the flower bouquet from me he take me into his warm embrace.

"I missed you, I missed you" Lifting me up he twirls me around once and puts me down only to shower kisses all over my face. "I missed you my beautiful flower" I see tears in his eyes, chuckling through my own tears I pull him closer, to feel his every inch to my heart.

"I can't express how much I missed seeing you outside those black gates, under the tree shadows, at the tea stall, outside the theaters and on terrace. I missed you more" I don't know that I'm crying until he is wiping my tears with his handkerchief.

"Let's go home, hmm?" I nod in his neck holding him tight. He chuckles when I didn't pull back. "I wanna do a lot with you at home, let's go baby" I pull back startled at his sudden husky tone, he chuckles again and kisses my head. "The car is waiting"  We walk out of the airport, holding the bouquet with our hands.
"To the apartment" We sit inside

"Which apartment?" I ask sitting properly beside him in the backseat.

"Our apartment"

"Ah um, are we going to stay together there?" He pulls me into his lap

"Yes, only if you are comfortable. I'm scared that your hostel watchman will file a case against me for standing outside the girls hostel every night" I laugh remembering my RAWEP programme days.