18

Vaisali's pov: 
I stand there starstruck at his gesture. "Please?" He squints his eyes, forming wrinkles on forehead,the bandaid near right eye gets squinted in the process too, and is begging me to say yes to him, so that he won't stress it, poor thing.

"I'm not re...... "

"We have both, a scooty and a car outside, if you want we can sit here and talk" I stare down at his legs. "There's no pain anymore" He chuckles.

I look up at the balcony of our floor and see two heads peeking down in the dark.

"This isn't a safe place" I glare at the two girls "Let's go on the scooty"

"Okay" He grins and forwards his hand for me but I didn't take it.

"Let's go" His face looks so delighted, like one december morning in the winter, waiting for snowy Christmas of the year with a cheerful heart.
I turn around while walking out of the gates of our rented house, the two girls are waving at me while leaping on their feet like kids. I didn't smile cause I'm so shy, I don't wanna steal away that tiny emotion from my lips. I wanna glow red with the way he is treating me, with respect and gentleness.

"All the best" Suji shouts when I sit behind him on the scooty. He chuckles and gives them a thumbs up before starting the ride.

"Do you have any places in mind?" He shouts through the winds.

"No" I whisper looking around the dark night, it's creepy. He nods and increases the speed. I stay quite with anticipation and fast beating heart.
I don't know where he is taking me but I believe it will ofcourse going to be an epic place with more space which is very hard to leave, very massive to roam and very intriguing to forget.

"I am happy vyshu" I clutch the roses close to my heart, the fresh smell surrounds me wholly.
"I have been waiting my whole life to do this with you" He stops the scooty by a tree. He holds my hand and I let him, it's too overcast by trees that I feel like I'm in a black hole. "I wanna take you to a very nice place but the surroundings are not that great"
He walks me through a shady place, and eventually we end up before a small bridge overseeing a slow running lake. I smile at the peace I'm standing in, without waiting for him I walk on the bridge and sit in the middle hanging down my legs, he too does the same, and in that process his pants pulled up a bit revealing the cast around his ankle.

"How are the exams going on?" He chuckles

"You always ask the same question, but I love answering to whatever you ask" He is staring at the pearly lake under moonshine and I hope he don't turn my way,I can't stand his eyes.
"They are going okay" He shrugs "There's no holiday again in between the semester exams" He explains and looks at me. "And I'm waiting for the farewell celebration" He smiles

"When is it?"

"After the completion of our exams, but it will be before the starting of your internship" I hum, I also look forward to it but I didn't say it out loud. "I have bought you something actually" He forwards a cotton bag.

"What's inside?"

"See for yourself" I open the package with so much care.
Inside is a orange saree with dark green blouse, I don't know the name of cloth but it looks beautiful and rich.

"Why are you spending a lot on me?" The fabric made me fall in love with it instantly. "What if this doesn't work out between us?"

"Why wouldn't it?" He turns to me completely

"Marriages are not working out anymore"

"And why?" I sigh not exactly knowing the answer

"I don't know, but I see people being unhappy"