21

Pooja's pov:

'End of the flashback'

I sit there waiting for more
"What happened next?" I ask not able to control my anxiety towards this cute love story.

"What happened?" She chuckle sadly
"My mother slapped me for living together with vikram, it's been few years though" She huff "As I have started earning,my parents also started searching for a potential groom"

"What happened to vikram?" That poor boy!

"My parents called him incapable, I shouted at my mother for that and she slapped me again. Now he is living with his parents and working in a private company. He doesn't like being in a private sector, but he is doing this for me, to gain my parents trust" How sad!

"Why? He is wealthy right? He can use his father's influence to get a great job" Right?

"He wanna build everything from scratch, he is very serious in this. He was hurt seeing the way my parents are treating me, like a wooden doll with no emotions"

"He didn't do anything to stop your mother from slapping you?"

"He too got few slaps in the process of stopping her" Damn, very cruel mom!
Her eyes became misty eventually "What my parents did was non negotiable, they don't encourage this relationship stuff yet I did that. I'm not hurt with the way I was treated by them, but I'm very hurt with their attitude towards vikram, it's so unfair and I couldn't do anything. My family members have temper issues equal to an ocean, they don't stop till their emotions are all pushed out"

"I'm sorry" What a tragedy!

"It's okay, I shouldn't have dragged him into this, I shouldn't have been selfish for his love"

"Hey, hey stop right there! You know what Keanu Reeves said; If you can't fight for your love what kinda love you have" Vaisali rolls her eyes

"I know things will get hard but I didn't expect the humiliation towards my man. He was so embarrassed and devastated, he was so guilty. He thinks it all happened because he pressurized me, which was a total bullshit"

"Now I understand why you are insanely in love with that person"

"Why?" She is wiping her continuously falling salty waters.

"He seems very good at heart, no matter what,it's pretty easy to fall in love with that kinda personality"

"I don't know whether you are being logical here or straight out denigrating my love for him, but yeah; it was very easy. Falling in love with him is inevitable but marrying him has became a hard task in life,my parents are trying to take away my only happiness"

"Hmm"

"What hmmmm? I thought you will give me some tips to get out of this hell!" She groans looking hopefully at me "You know human psychology better than I do" I sigh at her

"What can I say? You parents are very superstitious, they are ofcourse stubborn. You have to use reverse psychology to win them"

"How?"

"Figure out on your own"

"Let's make this a therapy session okay, I will pay you please tell me" I smile sadly, therapy sessions are not for giving advices or suggestions, it's about making them understand the life and go through it.

"One solution might not be the answer for every questions"

"But you know the main question"

"You haven't told me enough vaisali, you said your mom loves you dearly, she is emotional, she has seen worst in her life, yet she wanna miss a gem like vikram. Either she is too afraid to marry you off to him or just simply wants to make you stay single forever"