18. Home?

As the subway train rushed towards Muse's station, Leo's hand tightened around Muse's, and the sound of the train seemed to echo the unspoken feelings between them, which had been building over time.

Leo turned to face Muse, and his eyes locked onto Muse's with an intense and searching gaze. His eyes were like two pools of water, deep and mysterious, and his face was full of emotion. "Our homes," he began, his voice low and hesitant, "they're too far apart."

Muse's brow furrowed in confusion, his mind racing to understand what Leo was trying to tell him. Leo's gaze remained fixed on Muse, and his expression was a mix of vulnerability and determination. He leaned in closer, resting his head on Muse's shoulder. "I don't want to be far away from you," Leo whispered softly. "I want to be with you every moment, every heartbeat."

Muse's heart skipped a beat as he felt the weight of Leo's words sink in. Leo's sudden declaration caught him off guard, and he struggled to process the depth of Leo's feelings. Leo sat back, his expression shifting from vulnerability to excitement. "I have an idea," he said, his eyes brightening. "What if I bought a place, a small apartment?"

Muse was still a little confused until Leo continued. "I was searching for one, a cozy nook where I can paint to find solace, and where you can visit me." Muse blinked, processing Leo's words. The idea of sharing a space with Leo tugged at his heart. Leo had endured so much in his past, and now he sought refuge in art. Muse knew he wanted to be part of that refuge.

He smiled, warmth spreading through him. "I'll join you," Muse replied, feeling the thrill of excitement in his own voice. "In your art studio. We'll create our haven, a place where we can find peace." The thought of creating a space with Leo filled Muse with a sense of calm and purpose. They had a lot of work to do, but they were in it together, and nothing could stop them.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

In the morning Muse and Leo were on a quest to find an affordable and spacious studio apartment. They searched every corner of the city, hoping to find the perfect place to call home. The process was filled with excitement, anticipation, and a touch of frustration.

Their first stop was a trendy neighborhood known for its artistic vibe. They walked through streets lined with charming cafes and boutique shops, hoping to stumble upon a hidden gem. However, as they stepped into each studio. The spaces were either too small or far beyond their budget.

"Fuck it's frustrating to do this"

"Leo, We can do it"

Undeterred, Muse and Leo expanded their search, exploring different neighborhoods. They visited countless real estate agencies, scrolled through online listings, and attended open houses. But none caught their eyes.

"It's hard to find one which can match our checklist. I think we should drop few things out." Leo suggested.

"Like?" Muse asked curiously.

"Let's drop near a green park, a hubun market." Leo replied looking at their list.

Muse didn't have any problem with those things but something more important than those popped in his mind, "Hmm.... Seems okay for me. But a decent neighbourhood is must."

"But it's okay if few people live near us." Leo insisted.

Muse was a bit scared imagining lack of people living near them. Because if a mishap conducted who'll help them if they scream?

"But wouldn't it be too risky?" Muse hesitated.

"I think it should be okay if 10 out of 30 people would be near us? Don't you think so." Muse was confused about what to answer, "Well.. it'll be okay if only 2-3 would be there for us." Leo continued.

Muse thought that even 2-3 neighbours will be okay if they are capable of helping them in their hard times. So he slightly nodded.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Next week

"The room you're seeing here has recently become available. The previous owner had to move away due to some issues back in their hometown. Though it's not spacious, it fits perfectly within your budget. Let me give you a quick tour." As the contractor stepped aside, he presented them with a view of the apartment.

The place was compact but had large windows that brought in plenty of natural light, as well as a small balcony on the 4th floor. The view from the apartment overlooked a street with other residential buildings and a few shops below. It was just the right size for the new couple with a single bedroom and a spacious living area that included an attached kitchen outfitted with cabinets that matched the decor, and a well-appointed bathroom area.

Muse surveyed the room with a sense of contentment. He cast his eyes over the old furniture that had been left behind by the previous tenant; a sofa, a cooker, and a washing machine. They would only need to add a few items to make it perfect. Leo followed Muse's lead, examining the items with equal interest.

"Leo, this is it!" Muse exclaimed with excitement.

"But isn't it a bit small?" Leo scratched his head, looking uncertain.

"Are you kidding? This is the best we can afford in our budget, and it's incredibly convenient!" Muse replied, folding his arms across his chest.

"Also this fits our demands too." He added.

"He's right," the contractor agreed.

"Can we have a few moments?" Leo asked, looking to the third party for privacy. The contractor nodded in agreement.

Leo and Muse held hands while staring into each other's eyes. "Are you sure, Muse?" Leo asked.

Muse's eerie breath touched Leo's lips as he smirked. "Yes."

Leo brushed his knuckles against him. skin to soothe him. "Then let's do this."

"Now we can be close." Muse replied acknowledging how Leo was desperate for this to happen.

"Hmm, Now I'll hold onto you tight and won't let you go.'' Leo replied, their foreheads touching. They closed their eyes to savor the moment.

Suddenly, the contractor interrupted with a cough. He himself got embarrassed while looking at the couple in love "Uh-hmm-hmm." he cleared his throat roat to grab their attention.

Leo gritted his teeth and gazed at him with his dark orbs. "Oh, seriously?"

"We will sign the contract tomorrow. My dear has approved this." Leo proudly grinned but stumbled upon the wall as Muse nudged him hard. "Babe, ouch,"

"You deserve this." He said to Leo then turned his head, "Yes, We will sign the contract tomorrow." Muse promptly smiled at the Old man.

The contractor just watched the small fight between the young couple and smiled.