The Dark Curse

'Do you think it could be for us to trust them? So that once we found out he was Roman, we would realise he wasn't that bad?' Piper said.

'Hey! What do you mean "not that bad"?' Jason looked so sad. 'Bro, do you think I'm that bad?'

'Bro- you are the best thing that's happened to me, bro.' Percy replied.

'Bro...'

'Bro...'

I rolled my eyes, and looked at Piper, the same expression on her face.

'Ok, now, if you guys are done bonding, we have a problem to solve.' I said at last, looking at the pair of boys, bronding.

Then, Reyna spoke up.

'What if they didn't send the Roman children because they couldn't?'

'What if something is happening right now at Camp Jupiter, and so they can't send us?'

'We need to go to Chiron.'

Percy2 P.O.V:

Chiron was gone.

No note, nothing. He had just disappeared, with no word, leaving us feeling uneasy and worried.

Everyone was on edge, this hadn't happened before, and we were worried for Chiron, and what had happened to him. He was our mentor, and our teacher, always there, and now he's disappeared.

We spent hours searching for him in the woods, only to come back unsuccessful.

Annabeth had it worst, Chiron was like her father, and she wouldn't stop worrying, and sometimes she would get that look on her face, and storm out the room, to be foundz a later planning some crazy heist in the most random places, like on the roof of the Athena cabin, or in a canoe in the middle of the lake.

I would have to convince her to come back, and then she would give up, silently sobbing, and it broke my heart seeing her like this. Thalia tried to help me cheer her up, but got nowhere.

Hours passed, turning into days, and still no word from Chiron. We held meetings daily, but couldn't come up with a plan to find Chiron, and couldn't go on a quest, due to no prophecy, and soon, we wondered if he could have been kidnapped, and to be able to kidnap Chiron, well, we began to fear the worst.

Chiron's disappearance affected the whole of camp, even the Stolls wouldn't play pranks on people, and that's a first. MiniLeo and Leo

Camp felt depressing.

But something was wrong.

Everywhere we walked, the shadows would become bigger, almost darker, barely noticeable. We thought it was nothing at first, but it became more and more common, drawing our attention. And as the hours went by, they grew bigger and darker, and soon, the forest was pitch black at midday.

Anywhere with a shadow was darkening at an alarming rate and so we all thought it could be Nico, or Hazel, and that they were shadow travelling, but that's didn't feel right, and they were just as confused as us.

These strange incidents were becoming dangerous, with people getting lost in the dark, and that's when the illness hit.

Soon, people were going into the forest unnoticed, only to come back a few hours with a raging temperature, pale skin, clammy and sweaty, their bodies frozen in shape, a dark aura around them. Will was working overtime trying to figure it out, along with his siblings and mini-Will trying to help too, running around with medical equipment, trying to figure out what was going on, working with the Hecate cabin, who were trying to find out if it was a curse, and the Athena cabin were going through all the books they owned, trying to find something related to this deadly disease.

More and more people were being infected, and we had to set up a whole new ward for them, and it was getting really serious.

Curfews were put into place, and everyone had to have a pair to walk round with them, for each others safety, and any abnormalities should be reported to a Head Counsellor, present or future.

Nico was with Hazel, trying to explore and find out the reason for this darkness, and the rest of us were helping in any way we could, bringing bandages, scissors, books and more.

The illness luckily wasn't contagious, and so we could be sure that the patients wouldn't spread the disease to others.

Me and Annabeth- Annabeth and I had been patrolling the border of the woods: strange creatures kept popping up out of nowhere, and something wasn't right about them.

They would suddenly appear, look around and then melt back into the shadows, only to vanish.

Me, Annabeth, Frank and Leo were patrolling the camp borders, along with Clarisse, Chris and The Stolls, trying to find out what these creatures were.

But that wasn't the half of it.

Soon, disaster struck.

Someone went missing.