Aphrodite works her magic.

Percy P.O.V:

How did things go so wrong so quickly?!

Let me rewind.

We got into Argus' van, managing to fit in all of us demigods inside, MassiveMe and Jason2 on their pegasi and storm spirits, and we had just crossed the boundary, when what looked like a gigantic chubby lion had just run past us.

Annabeth gasped, and said 'That's a Chimera!'

Thanks, ensicalopedea.

(Annabeth: That's not how you spell encyclopedia, that is.)

(Leo: Actually, it's enciclopedia.)

(Jason: No, it's encycelopedia.)

(Frank: *sighs* it's encyclopaedia. Ask the people with dyslexia instead of the people without first, sure.)

Ok... never mind.

So, then the Chimera —Yes Annabeth, the Chimera, not the overfed lion— re-appears again, this time heading towards us, aiming for the back of the van. I sat at the back, right next to the van's back window, so I had a front seat view of the monster that was about to attack us.

Yay.

So, then I see Percy2 and Jason2 on their pegasi, lowering down to the ground to fight the Chimera, and it's all going well, until I realise the Chimera is twice the size of both of them put together.

Great.

So, my older self and the last remnant of my bro Jase are going to die by death with a gluttonous lion.

Yeah, I'm going to say no.

So, what do I do?

Do I:

A) ask Annabeth what to do
B) ask the adults what to do
C) Charge.

Obviously, I chose C.

So, I ran out there, Riptide in my hands, screaming- sorry, yelling my ✨battle cry✨, and charged the Chimera.

It turns its ugly head towards me, and looks at me, confused. Probably thinking something along the lines of Is this boy mad?

Yes. Yes I am.

It opens its mouth, and I'm running towards its open mouth, which is emitting a massive roar, about to plunge riptide into it, when I hear a shout.

'NOT MY SEAWEED BRAIN YOU MONSTER!'

And all of a sudden, the monster isn't roaring at me, it isn't even looking at me.

Rude.

Its attention is towards the 12 year old blonde girl in a pegasi, a dagger in her hand, followed by a group of armed demigods, screaming at the top of their voices.

It's screwed- I mean done for- please don't tell my mom.

I watch in amazement as Annabeth throws her dagger with prediction at the monster, hitting its eye.

She dropped down to the ground, and started to run to the Lion, and then it dawned on me: I should probably go and help her.

So, I ran to her side, she was currently trying to hack at the lion whilst Jason2 and BigMe were distracting it, and looked like she was failing miserably.