Chapter 2

(Wyatt in media)

*Wyatt's POV*

I woke to the sound of crying. Skyli tried to sleep on the couch but she soon got in the bed after Grace woke us up the first time. She groaned and tapped my shoulder.

"It's your turn," she muttered. I sighed and got up before walking the short distance to her crib. I shushed her and rocked her gently. She slowly started calming down again. When she let her eyes close, I just placed her in the bed between Skyli and me. Skyli looked up sleepily.

"What are you doing," she asked softly. I touched Grace's hand gently.

"Gracie probably just wants to feel like someone is here. maybe she'll sleep better this way," I explained. Skyli only shrugged and went back to sleep. I sighed and readjusted Skyli's pillow wall to comfortably protect Grace. I went back to sleep with Grace holding on to my finger.

~

I woke up feeling more tired than when I went to sleep. I looked around to see that my bedroom was empty. I made my way down the stairs and to the living room. I didn't see Skyli anywhere. I was starting to believe that I dreamed up the whole thing until I smelled bacon. You couldn't dream up that smell so perfectly even if you tried. I followed the smell into the kitchen to find Skyli bustling around the kitchen. She smiled briefly when she saw me.

"Good morning. Breakfast is almost ready. Grace has already been fed and I hope you had somewhere in mind when you said Gracie needs to see a doctor because we need to make an appointment for today," she listed off as she moved the food to different plates.

"Yeah, there's this place my mom would take us when we were younger. Where did all of this food come from?" I asked, distracted. She blushed and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Oh, right. I hope you don't mind but I borrowed your car this morning and got some groceries and more diapers and clothes. I got hungry and your kitchen is a wasteland," she said as she handed me a plate.

"That's fine," I dismissed it as I dug into the breakfast. It was actually pretty amazing. Skyli picked Grace out of the swing she was sitting I and rocked her gently.

"I also pulled some essentials out of your storage room. I hope you don't mind," she added quickly.

"Seems like you were pretty busy this morning," I said with a hint of humor. She blushed as she continued bouncing Grace.

"Grace was up this morning and it woke me up. I figured I could make use of the time," she explained.

"I'll call Dr. Marzgo after I'm done eating," I offered before I took another bite. True to my word, I called Dr. Margo who agreed to see us whenever we walked in. I gave Grace a quick bath before we drove to the clinic. After a little bit of waiting, we were shown to a check up room. I remembered coming here with Rebecca all the time.

"Wyatt," Dr. Marzgo smiled when she came in. I gave a small smile and a quick hug.

"How are you doing doc?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Well the divorce is going well," she answered. I did t have time to ask more about it because her attention was diverted to Skyli and Grace. "Who do we have here?" She asked kindly. Skyli freed a hand and shook Dr. Marzgo's hand.

"I'm Skyli," she said boldly. I was expecting Skyli to act shyly. She always seemed she and hesitant around me. "This is Grace," she introduced the baby. Dr. Marzgo cooed over Grace for a moment before she cradled her up and moved her to an infant examining table.

"How old is she?" The doc asked.

"Two months. She was born July 17th," Skyli answered.

"You look great for just having a baby, by the way," the doc said to her. Skyli was about to correct her but the doc cut her off. "Has she gotten any immunizations yet?" Doc asked.

"No, none," Skyli answered. Doc called for a nurse before handing Grace back to Skyli.

"She is beautiful," doc smiled gently. "She seems healthy but we're going to give her the proper shots just in case," doc explained. Skyli nodded.

"Thank you," Skyli smiled before turning her attention to Grace. Dr. Marzgo turned to me.

"Can I see you for a second, Wyatt," she asked. I nodded and followed her out of the room. Once we were a good ways down the hall, she turned to me.

"What's up doc?" I asked, laughing slightly at my corny joke. Doc did not look like she was kidding though.

"Look, I know how you chose to... deal with everything, but Skyli seems like a nice girl, and you two have a baby together. Just don't hurt her, okay? She might be the one to make you happy again. Plus, you've already broken enough hearts as it is," Dr. Marzgo said. I sighed and nodded, not even bothering to tell her that the baby wasn't ours. I wasn't going to hurt Skyli because I had no intentions of getting involved with her. That was just something that wasn't going to happen.

I went back to the room just as the nurses were finishing up Gracie's shots. I reached out and tried to calm a screaming Grace. I shushed her gently before placing a gentle kiss on her head. She was just so damn adorable. I turned to Skyli.

"Ready to go?" I asked her. Skyli had this weird look in her eye, but she hopped off the examination table and we were on our way.