Chapter 21

Wyatt's POV

I was excited for Christmas with Gracie and Skyli. I had a family of my own and I couldn't wait to do Gracie's first Christmas. I worked extra gigs in order to make a little more money to get Skyli and Gracie special gifts. Skyli said she didn't want anything, but I was going to get her something anyway. We had a tree and everything. The night before Christmas, I snuck my presents under the tree next to the other presents we got Gracie and Davis. Davis would be joining us later and he did so much to help us, Skyli wanted to get him something.

Christmas morning, Skyli shook me awake excitedly. I chuckled sleepily and sat up.

"Gracie is already awake and dressed and Davis is here. Come on," she said excitedly. I threw a shirt on and went downstairs. Gracie sat in front of the tree and tore at anything we handed her after Skyli showed her. She was so cute. After Grace went threw all of her presents, we handed Davis his present. It was an Apple watch. He opened it and smiled at us.

"I can't accept this man," Davis said. I shook my head just as Skyli jumped in.

"It's a gift, you have to accept it. You've done so much for us, it's the least we could do," Skyli explained. He smiled before he thanked us. I handed Skyli both her and Gracie's gifts. She looked at me confused.

"What is this?" She asked.

"Just open it," I said. She opened Gracie's first to reveal the charm bracelet I got her. Skyli smiled and moved on to hers. She looked at the gift and her eyes started to water.

"Wyatt," she said softly. "I told you not to get me anything," she said. I only shrugged.

"Come here," I said, taking the silver heart locket out of the box. She turned around and let me put it on her. I clipped the necklace on and kissed the side of her head. She turned and pecked me gently.

"It's beautiful; thank you," she said. Gracie crawled to the tree and began pulling on the branches. I chuckled and picked her up, putting her on my lap.

"I figured with Gracie's gift, we could collect different charms and give it to her when she's older," I explained. Skyli kissed Grace before kissing me.

"That's a great idea," she smiled at me. Davis clapped me on the back gently.

"Lunch time?" Davis asked. Skyli chuckled and stood.

"Of course," she said.

Skyli's POV

Wyatt went above and beyond for our first Christmas together. The necklace was a nice surprise and so was Gracie's charm bracelet. We have breakfast for lunch and lounged around the house until Marbles joined us with a few of Wyatt's cousins. They brought presents for everyone. Marbles got me a smoothie machine and got Gracie a interactive learning horse. All and all, I would say that Gracie's first Christmas was successful.

~

As New Year's rolled around we ended up going with Wyatt's original plan. We dropped Gracie with Marbles house before heading to Club Rio. I went with a red blouse and shorts with blue heels. Wyatt insisted that I stay in the booth with him this time. It was interesting watching him work. After the party was obviously in full swing, he took a small break and kissed me before going back to the running track.

The countdown stated and it sounded like we were in Time Square. Right as everyone got to "one", Wyatt pulled me into a long, deep kiss. He pulled away too soon, leaving me wanting more. He chuckled and rested his forehead against mine briefly.

"Happy New Year, Sky," he said with a smile before he turned back to his set. I was enjoying myself. The party continued pretty much until the sun came up. Finally, Wyatt shut down the set and started packing up. Davis dropped by and said hi before he was gone too. Of course, I'm sure the girl on his arm had something to do with that. We went home and collapsed on the bed almost immediately. Wyatt chuckled as he took my heels off.

"Did you have fun?" He asked. I settled for nodding. I changed out of my clothes as Wyatt did the same. He tossed me one of his shirts and I slipped it over my head before snuggling into his side on the bed. He smoothed my hair back before kissing my head.

"Goodnight, Sky," he whispered.

~

I didn't drink at all at the club but I was still feeling the aftermath of the party. My head hurt and I didn't want to move. One thought made me shoot out of bed, despite that: Gracie. I moved to wake Wyatt up only to find that he was cuddling a baby monitor. I walked across the hall to her room to find Grace sound asleep in her crib. I smiled softly before picking her up and placing her in the bed with us. Wyatt woke slightly and blinked at me.

"You went to get her this morning?" I asked him. He nodded as a yawn escaped.

"I knew you would throw a fit the second you woke up if she wasn't here," he said groggily.

"Well, duh. She's our daughter," I joked. Wyatt just stopped and looked lovingly at me. I returned it with my own curious look. "What?" I asked, not understanding his look.

"I've just... I've never heard you say that before," he explained. I shrugged.

"Well, she is our daughter," I repeated. Wyatt reached over and kissed my head before he kissed Gracie's. She only stirred a little bit as she turned into her side facing Wyatt.

"That she is," he agreed softly.