Chapter 16

Skyli's POV

Thanksgiving break ended and it was time for me to go back to school. I was dreading it. It meant having to face Fetara and Jonas again. At least I had Mimi. She'd visited a lot over the break. Grace seemed to love her. Wyatt drove me to school Monday as usual.He kissed my hand that he was holding the whole drive over. His eyes peeked up at me like he was worried about me. I chuckled lightly.

"What?" I asked. He pulled me into him across the console and kissed me tenderly. I was breathless when I finally pulled away. My forehead rested against his as he tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

"I do love you, Skyli," he said in a low voice. I couldn't help the smile that made it's way onto my face.

"Why are you telling me this now?" I asked. He smirked.

"Well, were you expecting it?" he asked. I shook my head which only make him chuckle. "That's exactly why," he explained.

"You mean that?" I asked even though I was very aware of the answer. He nodded and kissed my nose.

"Of course I do," he whispered. I touched his face softly as my smile only expanded.

"I love you too, Wyatt," I said. I heard the bell ring and knew I should get going. Wyatt kissed me one more time before I got out with my bag. I said goodbye to Grace, who was still sleeping and turned towards the school.

"Don't forget, Gracie is going to Aunt Marbles house for the week," he reminded me. We stayed in touch with Marbles during the rest of my two week break and agreed to let her keep Gracie for a week per her request. I nodded and went into the school. Immediately, I knew something was off. People were pointing and staring at me. Normally, I wouldn't pay any attention to them, but something wasn't sitting right with me. I gasped when I saw my locker. 'Whore' was written across my locker in black sharpie. I ignored it and put on my poker face as I opened my locker and started going through my normal daily activities. After putting my things in my locker, I pulled out my phone and pulled up Wyatt's number.

From Skyli:

I may need you to come get me from school early.

I sent it and took a picture of my locker front. Mimi came up to me looking worried.

"Hey, I saw what happened. Are you okay?" she asked me. I nodded and gave her a small smile.

"It's going to take more than a childish act to hurt my feelings," I said with an eye roll. My phone buzzed. I looked at it to see that it was just Wyatt asking me what was wrong. I quickly sent him the picture I took of my locker.

"Uh oh," Mimi said, pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up in time to see Fetara and Jonas coming our way with Mindy. Mindy considered herself the most popular girl in school. She was also Isabel's little sister. I happened to remember that from when Wyatt and Isabel attended the high school.

"So, you're living with my sister's boyfriend. How does it feel to be his side chick?" Mindy asked smugly. I smiled sarcastically.

"It's going really well so far. Thanks for asking," I said sweetly. That only pissed her off. I looked at Fetara's set face and shook my head at her. "I'm really disappointed in you Tara. You judged Wyatt and you don't even know him. You're starting all of this mess and for what? Because you don't like my boyfriend? That's stupid and you know it," I said.

"So the brat you two have together, that's just for fun?" Mindy cut in. I glared at her and stepped into her face.

"Say one more thing about my little girl and I swear that I'll rip your throat out," I practically growled at her. A look of fear crossed her face briefly before she masked it quickly.

"Isabel is still seeing him you know? You may be in his house, but you don't know everything," Mindy said. I rolled my eyes and began to walk away.

"She's pregnant, you know," Mindy called after me. I froze for a moment before I turned back to the small group. "She's pregnant with his baby," Mindy said, crossing her arms. I chuckled and shook my head as I walked back to face her.

"You're sister probably doesn't appreciate you telling all of her business. She probably doesn't even know who the father is, considering the fact that it's definitely not Wyatt. If you don't believe me, get a DNA test and it'll prove that I'm right," I said confidently. "You know, I thought that it was just your sister who was crazy... but looks like it runs in the family," I said before I started off with Mimi again.

"You're going to pay, one way or another," Mindy yelled angrily. I looked back and my eyes caught Jonas'. I could tell that he thought this was going too far.

"Jonas, why are you even backing them?" I asked. He looked at them briefly before he turned and left them. They said his name in shock but he kept going until he was walking beside Mimi and I. I smiled and hugged him gently.

"Welcome back. How was the dark side?" I said playfully. He laughed and shook his head at me.

"I think Fetara is going crazy," he answered. He put an arm over my shoulders and sighed. "It's nice to be back," he said. Mimi and I giggled before we all headed to class.