Chapter 9

Skyli's POV

I woke up feeling so at peace with everything. Well that was until I remembered last night's events. I found everyone in the kitchen. Wyatt was setting up plates of food. I smiled seeing him sober.

"Morning Wyatt, Davis," I greeted as I stood in front of one of the plates on the counter and grabbed a fork. I felt a set of arms go around my waist. It made my heart jump in a good way. Wyatt rested his head on my shoulder as his chest pressed against my back.

"I'm so sorry about last night," he apologized. I shook my head and turned in his arms so I was facing him and put hands on his biceps as his hands were still on my waist. I had time to think about what Davis said last night.

"It's okay, Wyatt. You don't have to have to together all the time. Lord knows I don't. I guess it was more of a shock because I'd never seen you drink before. But what you do is up to you, not me. All I ask is that you just... keep it away from Gracie," I said. He smiled lightly and kissed my head.

"You're the best," he said before he went to grab his plate. It felt sort of cold when he let go. I blame Davis for putting stupid ideas in my head. I blink a few times before I turned back to my plate. I ate it on the counter as the boys talked and ate at the table. I finished and put my dishes in the sink before taking Grace up to her crib in the bedroom. When the boys were done, they did the same. Davis gave me a bear hug.

"I have to go, but I'll see you guys later....Oh, and Sky-bug," he said with a smile. He leaned closer to my ear. "Remember what I told you," he whispered. Wyatt watched us curiously before Davis left with another 'see ya'.

"What did that doofus say?" Wyatt asked. I shrugged and blushed.

"Nothing," I lied. Wyatt smirked slyly.

"Nothing, huh?" He asked. I nodded, knowing good and well that he didn't believe me. He lunged for me and I squealed and ran up the stairs. I got to the bedroom before he caught me. He got me on my back on the bed and trapped my before he started tickling me. My face was probably red from laughter as Wyatt demanded to know what Davis said.Wyatt caught my hands and pinned them above my head as he smiled at me.

"What did he say?" Wyatt asked again.

"He said that you love me," I blurted. Wyatt's smile dropped as he stared at me. "I told him that it wasn't true," I continued in a whisper, my smile dropping also. Wyatt struggled with what to say when he was saved by Grace's crying.

"She probably needs a change," he said, getting off of me quickly. I say up and ran my fingers through my hair as Wyatt disappeared with Grace. I sighed and shook my head. I might have just ruined everything.

Wyatt's POV

Davis saw it. Davis saw my feelings for Skyli clear as day, and he told her about it. I thanked God for Grace's perfect timing. I took a breath and let it out slowly before I began changing Grace. After I finished changing Grace, I stayed in the diaper room a little longer. After a few deep breaths, I decided to call my dear old good friend. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Dude I just left your house. Miss me already?" He joked.

"You told Skyli that I loved her?!" I whisper shouted. His side was silent.

"Oh yeah. Look I'm trying to help you out because obviously your game is lame. You love her and I know that and now she knows too. You're welcome," he said. I took a deep breath and tried to keep from pulling my hair out at my best friend.

"Okay that's great but she doesn't even like me like that! And I was never going to act on my feelings for her and I told you why a million times," I seethed quietly.

"Dude, she's into you too. You both are really into each other and refuse to admit it. I don't get it," Davis said.

"It's called Gracie, and we both love her and don't want to complicate things, so thanks for that," I said before I hung up. I took some time to calm down before I picked Gracie up and went back to the room. Skyli wasn't there. I went downstairs and saw her sitting on the couch. I walked over to the rocker and placed Grace in it before I turned to Skyli.

"I do... I do like you," I whispered. She looked at me shocked. I sighed and moved to sit beside her on the couch. "But I wasn't going to do or say anything because of Grace. I didn't want to give you a reason to take her from me because I love that little girl," I tried to explain. Her hand went to my face and she made me look at her. She struggled with something to say before she just leaned in and kissed me gently. I found myself placing my hand on her waist and pulling her closer. Too soon, it seemed, she pulled away.

"Who's Isabel?" She asked, blind sighting me.

"She's this girl who's been obsessed with me since our junior year. Why?" I answered vaguely.

"She came here a while ago when you weren't here," she started. She went on to explain the whole story. By the end of it, I was furious.

"I didn't entertain... that. I was with Davis. I have no reason to lie to you," I said in a rush. Skyli only giggled and placed a hand on my arm to sit me back down.

"I know," she said calmly. "I just thought I should tell you," she shrugged.

"Why did you wait so long?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"I guess I was kind of offended and a little hurt and I knew I didn't have that right... to be mad at you for that. Davis told me that you never left his side for more than a bathroom break," she explained. I sighed and moved her on to my lap so she was straddling me. My hands were firmly on her waist. She blushed at our position.

"Wyatt, I-"

"Just lay down and relax... I just want to hold you," I said softly. She hesitated before She laid down, resting her head against my chest and letting her arms wrap around my waist. I rubbed her back gently as I kissed her head. I took this moment to relax myself.