Chapter 6

(Isabel in media)

Skyli's POV

Taking care of Grace was starting to wear on me. I'll admit, I acted like a child, but I was so tired. Grace woke up practically every hour on the hour when Wyatt was gone and I didn't get any sleep. By the time Wyatt mentioned school, I was in tears. Wyatt laid me back down and gave me a pass. He sat on the bed and stroked my hair gently as I cried.

"She wouldn't sleep," I cried. He shushed me a moment before he got up and came back quickly with Grace who was peacefully sleeping. He laid her in her crib and moved her pillow protector off the bed. He got in and opened his arms to me.

"Come here," he said softly. I moved into his arms and buried my head in his chest as I started to calm down. Wyatt just shushed me as he ran his fingers through my hair and rubbed my back. It was extremely comforting. I tucked my feet under his legs when my toes got cold and let my eyes close. Wyatt pulled back just enough to look at me and moved a strand of hair off of my face. I opened my eyes to look at him. He was so sweet. I didn't understand why everyone said he was a jerk and an asshole. Sure, at first it looked that way from next door, but he'd proved otherwise.

"Feeling better?" He asked. I nodded slowly and kind of embarrassed from my display. He pulled me back into his chest and sighed. "Get some rest," he whispered. I closed my eyes and let myself go to sleep.

Wyatt's POV

Skyli was out like a light and so was Grace. I was going to sleep with them but I was wide awake. Skyli was so beautiful and peaceful when she was sleeping. She clutched the front of my shirt and buried her head in my chest as soon as she fell asleep. It felt good to hold her. To just lay here with her asleep in my arms. I sighed contently and let my eyes close. My phone chose then the buzz in my pocket. I fished it out without moving too much to see a text from Davis.

From Davis:

If you need any help, I'm here bro.

I smiled lightly and shook my head. The text was accompanied with a picture of him snuggling a teddy bear. I kissed Skyli's head and quickly snapped a picture. I sent it to Davis with the caption 'I'm good bro, but thanks'. I couldn't help but to take another picture of Sky before I put my phone away. I did nothing but enjoy the moment. Skyli rolled slightly and ended up on top of me with her head against my chest and her legs on either side of my body. Her arms hugged me firmly like I was her favorite pillow. She mumbled something before going quiet again. I rubbed her back gently and sighed. I didn't want to hurt her. She was almost too good to be true.

I could've laid like that for a long time, but unfortunately for me, there was a knock on my door. I gently moved Skyli to the bed, and that wasn't an easy task when she's holding onto me with a vice grip, but I eventually got it without waking her. I was trying to get to the door before it woke Grace. I walked downstairs, stuffing a baby monitor in my back pocket, and opened the door to find someone I thought I'd never see again.

"Isabel," I said in surprise. She smiled seductively at me, which was never good. Isabel was almost the complete opposite of Skyli. She had bleach blonde hair and brown eyes. She was fit but curvy in all the right places. And she just so happened to be one of my past escapades. I looked behind me into the house before I stepped outside and closed the door behind me.

"Hey. Long time, no see," she said, putting an arm around my neck. I removed it and looked around.

"Isabel, it's the middle of the day. What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked heatedly. She shrugged.

"I just got back from London. Guess I'm just not used to the time differences yet. Anyway, what are you up to? I was thinking we could hang out or something," she said with a smirk. I sighed and stuck my hands in my pockets.

"You should have called or something. Now really isn't a good time," I said. The baby monitor announced that Grace woke up and she was crying. Isabel's smirk fell.

"Is that a baby?" She asked. I sighed and debated running upstairs so Grace wouldn't wake Skyli, but it was too late.

"Wyatt, I know you have the baby monitor, where did you go?" She asked over the system. I pulled out the monitor and held the talk button.

"I'm outside. I'll be up in a second," I replied. I put the monitor back before looking back to Isabel.

"You have a baby," she asked.

"Like I said, now is not really a good time," I said before I went back inside and up the stairs. Skyli was up and rocking Grace.

"Who was that?" Skyli asked. I shrugged and took Grace from her gently with a smile.

"A girl who was very lost," I replied as I took over with Grace. Skyli touched my shoulder gently and smiled at me.

"Thanks for letting me sleep," she said. I smiled lightly and nodded towards the bed.

"Go back to sleep," I said. Skyli pushed up on her toes and kissed my cheek before she went to lay back down. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe two girls had me wrapped around their fingers.