Chapter 11

Wyatt's POV

Skyli looked happy when her friend was over for dinner. Maybe I was being selfish when it came to my girls, but I couldn't help it. Skyli's friend Mimi was actually a cool girl. At first I was hesitant because that group made Skyli so upset earlier, but Skyli seemed to want her here, so I kept my mouth shut. All in all, Mimi's visit cheered Skyli up a lot.

I peeked into the bedroom to find Skyli playing with Grace on the bed. I leaned against the doorframe and smiled at the sight. Skyli was a great mom. I snapped a few quick pictures on my phone before I made my presence known.

"Hey" she smiled as me, sitting up. I smiled and sat next to her. I kissed her gently and touched her cheek. This, right here, was too good to be true.

"Nervous about Thanksgiving?" I asked her. she sighed and nodded.

"What if they don't like me?" She said. I pulled her onto my lap and kissed her shoulder.

"They're going to love you," I assured her. The smile slowly returned to her face before she kissed me.

"Promise," she asked as she pulled away and held my cheek. I brought her hand up and kissed it.

"Promise," I assured her.

Skyli's POV

Thanksgiving came faster than I was ready for. I had the turkey in the oven all day and I would be cutting it close with that. I quickly showered and dressed in a white lace dress with quarter sleeves that clinched at a low waist and flowed down to my knees. It was accented with a thin brown belt and wedges. I curled my hair in ringlets and clipped my bangs back. In dressed Grace in a maroon lace dress that had a tutu for a skirt. I paired it with black shoes and the socks that had the lace trim on the top. I put her growing hair in pigtails and put a cream colored headband on her. She kept trying to take the headband off though. It was kind of cute how she thought it was a game at first, but by the tenth time, I was just trying to get her to leave it alone. Wyatt chuckled and took it off her head.

"Just leave it babe," he said, kissing my cheek. I skipped out on makeup for the most part and just put on mascara and pink lip gloss. I was glad I did. Wyatt took Grace downstairs and I followed him. He put Gracie in her rocker in front of the TV and put on cartoons. He turned to me and held my waist as he kissed me gently.

"You look beautiful, by the way," he smiled gently. I couldn't help but to smile along with him.

"You know, I pride myself for hooking y'all up, but at the same time, y'all are so adorable it's disgusting," Davis said from the couch. I laughed and kissed Wyatt once more before I plopped down on the couch next to Davis and hugged him gently.

"We love you too Davie," I said. He groaned and peeled me off of him.

"You know I hate that name," he said. Wyatt chuckled and shook his head at us before he scooped me up bridal style. I giggled as my arms went around his neck. He moved me so my legs were wrapped around his waist. He touched his nose to mine as his hands supported me by my butt. I was still a little nervous about tonight and Wyatt knew that.

"They're going to love you, I promise. They're not very judgmental. Plus, you're a great girl," Wyatt whispered. I kissed him gently right before the doorbell rang. I pulled away and hopped down. "You're going to be fine," he promised. I picked Grace out of her rocker and straightened her dress as I began bouncing her on my hip. She was almost six months old. I was still trying to figure out where the time went. She was growing so fast and so was her hair. In pigtails, it still reached her mid upper arm. I smiled and blew a raspberry on her cheek to get her smiling. She laughed and held my face.

"Give mama a kiss," I said softly. I gave her a kiss anyway knowing she wouldn't understand yet, but she was trying. She was actually a really smart baby. Wyatt came back into the living room with quiet a few people in tow. A tall, thin beautiful woman with sandy locks and green eyes came up to me like she was a part of a 1920s movie.

"And this must be my grand-niece," she said cooing over Grace. I smiled tightly and looked at Wyatt. The woman didn't even acknowledge my presence. I might as well have been the rocker.

"You'll have to forgive my Aunt Clarissa. She has absolutely no manners," Wyatt said loudly. His aunt rolled her eyes and tried to take Grace from me. Grace started throwing a fit almost immediately. She yanked back towards me before holding on to me tightly. The woman looked at me like she was just noticing me.

"You don't let anyone else hold the child, do you?" she asked. I looked at her both confused and shocked.

"Excuse me?" I asked. Wyatt guided his Aunt Clarissa by her shoulders away from me.

"Okay, let's at least try to get through dinner," he said. Another woman stepped up and smiled at me. She held out a hand which I gladly shook.

"Hi, I'm Wyatt's Aunt Marble," she introduced herself. She had bright red hair, cut in a short bob. She was wearing a gorgeous teal dress and nude held. She seemed really nice.

"I'm Skyli, nice to meet you," I replied.

"Skyli... what a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl," she smiled. She looked at Grace who was still peeking out from my shoulder.

"And what's this cutie's name?" she asked.

"This is Grace," I answered. I looked at Grace and bounced her lightly. "Do you want to say hi, Gracie?" I baby talked her. She looked at Marble before she hid her face again. I laughed and looked back to Marble.

"I see you have a shy one on your hands. That won't last for long, trust me," she chuckled along with me. I was introduced to the man who was Uncle Richard. He was Clarissa's husband. The poor man.