Time Crime [Part 17]

An old memory comes to mind. The first time I saw the landlord lying bleeding, I brought him inside the house to help him, pressing my handkerchief over his wound. So I did not get the handkerchief from that day, it remained in the future.
And the old man was apologizing. Think of me as the future. So I did not understand, why is he saying this? Now I understand everything.
And the abnormality of all events, I understood everything. Even the dogs that were not calling that day, maybe they were barking to protest the death of their poisoned friend, were angry, sad. Or, they smelled murder for natural reasons, and were barking.

Shruti asked seeing me worried.

Shruti: "Why are you looking worried? Tell me what is the matter?"

Then I said everything from the very beginning. He was surprised.
I don't know how much he believed and how much he disbelieved.
We, we mean the two of us, told our department sir and others about this incident. But no, no one believed.

Sir said, "You have some problem with your head due to injury. Rest for a few days and it will be fine."

Some did not even stop saying crazy.
Shruti is the life partner, she will believe no matter how unbelievable. But did he believe from the heart? who knows

But I swear it's true. I went from the past to the future and changed some of the future, I remember it literally. And in the future I could see or get the results of this change. No it's not a dream, it's time travel.

Many days have passed since this incident and we got married.

Me: "But I don't understand one thing, the current went out - I lit the candle, then who knocked on the door? I didn't knock on the door in the future."

Shruti: "Think about it. Maybe you knocked the door for some reason."

Me: "Nah, I remember perfectly, after the power went out, I took the light from the suitcase and put on those silent shoes of yours and went down the stairs silently. So who made the noise? Knock knock knock."

Shruti: "It's scary."

Me: "Yes, one more thing. Can wet clothes fly in the wind?"

Shruti: "It can fly for many reasons if it is not attached to any support, or only slightly attached to any support. It can fly even if it flies in the wind."

Me: "And what if all the wet cloths are completely wrapped around the base?"

Shruti: "Then flying is very difficult or impossible."

My cheeks swelled up in surprise. There really is ghostly stuff in the house. The villagers were not wrong. Something is hidden. I must find it-must know.

...